Aruba Beach

Thread: Ques on Booking Type of Room- Occidental

Ques on Booking Type of Room- Occidental

Hello. I am planning on booking Occidental Grand online through a vacation website. I heard every room is an ocean view. My question is should I just choose the deluxe room (the cheapest) and hope I get an ocean view / pool view upgrade?? or should I choose Deluxe ocean view it is an additional 108.00 per person. Should I bother paying the extra or is every view an ocean view. I don't want to get a view of the parking lot even though its an ocean view.

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot answer your question but check this thread out re: occidental before you book.
    this may be a better deal for you.

1 bedroom 2 bath rental (there are a few timeshares at occidental)
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f23/occid...nt-sale-59133/

Quote Originally Posted by arubacam View Post
    Hello. I am planning on booking Occidental Grand online through a vacation website. I heard every room is an ocean view. My question is should I just choose the deluxe room (the cheapest) and hope I get an ocean view / pool view upgrade?? or should I choose Deluxe ocean view it is an additional 108.00 per person. Should I bother paying the extra or is every view an ocean view. I don't want to get a view of the parking lot even though its an ocean view.

you will get a low floor overlooking the parking lot, you still have ocean view. a few of these room locations are not very nice.
    i'm very familiar with the resort, i would rather pay extra for higher floor facing pool. with ocean view.. maybe i'll see you at the resort.

Awww.... I don't want a view of the parking lot. I agree pool side would be better. I booked it as deluxe room and thought maybe I could upgrade at the desk at check in but maybe I should have done it from the start! Do they usually sell out all the rooms?

can you change room type before arrival? upgrade at time of arrival more costly.
    when do you arrive?