Aruba Beach

Thread: question about Tamarijin

question about Tamarijin

Hello,

My husband and I will be making our first trip to Aruba. No children with us...just the two of us. We are staying at the Tamarijin. It seems to fit us best. My question is I have read tons of reviews and most say block 19 to 21 is the best to request for the beach area. Are there any other thoughts on this from past guests. Also what is better the lower deck or the 2nd floor room ? We don't want to be right on top of the lobby and have a nice beach. It seems a lot of the famly's choose to stay in the 1100 to 1700 because its near the pools and lobby but i would rather have the better beach abd do a little walking. Any advice from past guests of the Tam Please.

Welcome to the forum.

You have done your homework well.

If you do not mind walking to the lobby, restaurants and buffet anywhere between 1900- 2500 is perfect. The only negative is that "sometimes" people have complained about the view of the crane from the port which is to the south of the resort.

First floor vs. second floor is personal preference. We prefer being able to walk in and out of our room easily. Convenient before dinner or early a.m. when one of us is out on the beach and the other is getting dressed for dinner or still sleeping. When my dh brings a new book out on to the beach to read and realizes he already read it, there is not a long walk to the room for another book.

On the other hand, with the rooms all being on the beach, some prefer the view from the second floor. Others feel more secure having a second floor room. Note though, though there have never been any issues, all ground floor rooms have security bars on the sliders. Security comes around at night to check that they are being used

How long a walk are we talking ? Thanks! We don't want to go any further than 21.

Aruba since 1979
    5 minute walk or less.
    if carrying lots of stuff and pushing a stroller maybe a couple minutes more.

Quote Originally Posted by mops View Post
    How long a walk are we talking ? Thanks! We don't want to go any further than 21.

no stroller here kids are all grown. we are really excited. we had at first booked at the Sunspree but got worried after we so so many bad reviews. and it seemed liked this resort was a better fit for us. thanks for your help.

Aruba since 1979
    tamarijn (imo) wins hands down over your original choice.
    we have stayed at the Tamarijn in yrs past..........
    and
    been in buildings 15 17 2?
    liked them all
    stayed once for 3 nights in 13 building and liked that as well.
    always stayed on 1st floor.

Currently, the lower numbered rooms 1100-1300 buildings have the best beach as of last week.

went in June, stayed in block 21, first floor. we loved it. Not too far, but it seemed not to be as crowded as the other blocks. I also liked the grassy area between the room and the sand. My DH hates to have the sun beat on him, so having the first floor gave him shade without fighing for a palapa. But as Lisa stated it is personal preference. We never had a problem being on the first floor.
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

The beach in front of the higher numbered buildings was washed away with the tropical lows earlier in the month. Even many palapa were washed away I am sure the Tamarijn will have them repaired, but it takes Mother Nature a bit longer sometimes.

Oh, this is too bad... I hate when Mother Nature takes over...
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa