Aruba Beach

Thread: Questions about Amsterdam Manor

kat

Questions about Amsterdam Manor

We have been to Aruba about 5 times and have always stayed at the Boardwalk apts or one of the Marriotts, because we like to Windsurf at Vela and its convenient.
    This year however, when we go in May, we are seriously looking at the Amsterdam Manor for part or maybe all of our 15 day stay. Just seems much more quiet and less crowded. In fact it looks great. and I have read wonderful reviews. I'm just trying to get a better idea of the rooms there... Does anyone know about the size/comfort of the standard and superior studios versus the 1 bedrooms at the Amsterdam?
    It's just my husband and myself. We don't need a huge place, but also don't want to feel cramped.
    Also wondering about the size of the fridge? Big enough for beverages and some foods?

Also, I was reading about parking for palm beach and no one mentioned the road parking on the far side of the Marriott stellaris by Vela. Is that still available or has that changed with the renovations at the Stellaris?
    Any info is appreciated as we hope to make some decisions soon.

We stay at Amsterdam Manor every year and love it there. It's a nice quiet place since they only have about 72 rooms.

We've stayed in the superior studios and the 2 bedrooms and have had friends stay in a one bedroom.

I would definitely pick the superior studio over the standard - they have more room and are in the front of the resort. Only big difference between the studio and one bedroom is that with the one bedroom you'll have a full kitchen, dining area, and living room - it is very spacious and nice if you plan on preparing some meals. If you don't mind paying the extra money, I would go for the one bedroom, especially if you plan on staying for more than 7 days.

The frig in the studio is definitely large enough for beverages and some food.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

kat
    Thanks Amy, for the quick reply. Are you sure that you stayed in the superior studio?
    I would think that the superior is larger than the standard, also. But the Amsterdam people e-mailed me that the standard was larger than the superior, is on the ground, second or third floor with a queen bed. And that the Superior has a king bed, jacuzzi tub, but are smaller and all on the ground floor. Thats why its a bit confusing.
    Would definately prefer the 1 bedroom and haven't ruled it out completely, but would love to keep our costs down where we can.
    Still looking at all our options, which might be to split our stay between a Marriott and the Amsterdam.

Yes, we did stay in a superior studio. The studios are a little confusing so here's
    the scoop on the studios at Amsterdam Manor:

All of the superior studios are on the ground floor, in the front of the resort and face the water (private patio).

Now, the standard studios......there are 2 different blocks of standard studios:

One block of rooms is on the ground floor and has a courtyard view with a small, somewhat private patio - these are referred to as the "B" rooms. The B rooms are smaller than the superior studio.

The other block of rooms is located in a 3 level building with a partial ocean view (the ground floor will have private patios and the 2nd and 3rd floors will have balconies - and no elevator to the 2 levels, just stairs) - these are called the "C" rooms. You can request a "C" room but they can't guarantee it. The C rooms are larger than a superior studio.

I know it's confusing but hopefully that explains it better.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

kat
    That explains it better. Thanks for the clarification. I have another question, though and It sounds like you know the place very well. Sounds like its worth it to at least go for the superior studio. If they are ground floor facing the ocean aren't they also close to the street? Is there much noise from traffic?

They sit far enough back from the road that you don't hear any noise. Plus the road is not a busy one (usually not a car in sight in the early morning and late at night). There are also two fountains and a small waterfall at the pool so that's usually the "noise" (water) you hear when walking around the resort.

kat
    I have one more question about the Amsterdam. How do people typically make their deposit? They e-mailed a form (on Adobe), that I tried to fax back, unsuccessfully so far and they don't have a reservation page on their web site, which I thought was weird.
    Thanks

kat
    Never mind, I take that back. The Amsterdam does have an online reservation page on their web site. I am happy to report that we are booked into a superior studio for 9 days in May. Decided to split and stay the first 6 nights at the Surf Club so we'll see how that combo goes. Only 15 weeks to go. Thanks for your help.
    Next I start my quest for the perfect rental car company these days!

I was just about to post the link here but it looks like you found it!

Sounds like a great trip - part on Palm Beach and part on Eagle Beach. We used to do that in the past when the old Aruba Grand was still on Palm Beach and it was like two different vacations. We'd spend one week on each. But now that the Grand is gone we just spend our entire 2 weeks on Eagle Beach at Amsterdam Manor.

For car rentals we like Tropic and Optima - both always have great service and good cars.