Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Tamarijn

Questions about Tamarijn

Hi -

I'm going to the Tamarijn next week - June 14-19 and I cannot wait! I have some questions though.

Where would I be able to get my travellers cheques cashed in? Would the front desk at the Tamarijn do it for me?

Also do the rooms come with a safe box that I can lock our valuble items in?

Can I use American money to tip folks? What about in the city of Oranjestad? Does anyone know where the Harley Davidson place is? Is it near a bus stop? I promised my parents I would get them a shirt there.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by bellesorrisa View Post
    Hi -

I'm going to the Tamarijn next week - June 14-19 and I cannot wait! I have some questions though.
    I hope you love it half as much as our family. We arrive on the 17th. Look for "the kid" in my avatar.

Where would I be able to get my travellers cheques cashed in? Would the front desk at the Tamarijn do it for me?
    Front desk will cash up to $100 per day in traveler's checks.

Also do the rooms come with a safe box that I can lock our valuble items in?
    There is a mini-safe in the bathroom below the sink. Upon checkin you will be asked if you wish to pay the $2 per day for the lock for the safe. It uses a lock, no lock and you are unable to use the safe.
    The side of the safe can be seen in the lower right corner of this photo. The opening faces the commode.
    click on thumbnail to enlarge
    Can I use American money to tip folks?
    The US dollar is widely accepted all over the island, including of course, the resort.
    What about in the city of Oranjestad?
    http://www.aruba.com/OurPeoplePlaces/Attractions/Oranjestad.aspx
    Does anyone know where the Harley Davidson place is? Is it near a bus stop?
    The bus stops in front of the resort. The Harley shop is about half way between the Tamarijn and downtown Oranjestad, not far at all. http://www.harleydavidson-aruba.com/

Thank you so much!!! Look out for a deaf couple using sign language :-)

Just wondering - are the employees at Tamarijn usually friendly? I ask that because we're deaf so I'm hoping we won't have any trouble.

We have never had any trouble with the staff at the Tamarijn. The worst complaint that people usually have is that the staff works on "island time". So though not the quickest...you will receive what you order. We will look for you there. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

druif beach ,struisvogelboerderij,butterfly farm, het strand
    My last trip to The Tamarijn in 2006 the staff was very good with everyone,
    you will have the time of your life out there.
    You will see ,before you go home you are already planning your next trip to Aruba

Greetz from Thomas (Belgium)

Aruba since 1979
    I have always loved the resort staff at the Tamarijn.
    They are a team and work well and treat the guests well.
    I would wager that when they become aware of your signing, they will even be more accomodating.

wishing you well and have a ball!
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by bellesorrisa View Post
    Thank you so much!!! Look out for a deaf couple using sign language :-)

Just wondering - are the employees at Tamarijn usually friendly? I ask that because we're deaf so I'm hoping we won't have any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We have never had any trouble with the staff at the Tamarijn. The worst complaint that people usually have is that the staff works on "island time". So though not the quickest...you will receive what you order. We will look for you there. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    I can't understand the people that don't operate on on island time when on vacation in Aruba. That said, I saw very few staff issues, let alone "island time" problems at the Tam or the Divi.

Just to clarify, these have been observations made by others. Those we have talked to and other reports on other Aruba forums.

We have no issues with the staff at the Tamarijn. If we did we would not be returning for the 3rd time in 18 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I can't understand the people that don't operate on on island time when on vacation in Aruba. That said, I saw very few staff issues, let alone "island time" problems at the Tam or the Divi.

Just to clarify, these have been observations made by others. Those we have talked to and other reports on other Aruba forums.

We have no issues with the staff at the Tamarijn. If we did we would not be returning for the 3rd time in 18 months.
    I thought the Divi staff was more polite and professional than the Tam, but had no complaints about either. I also didn't mean to imply that you were one of the people that complained. I apologize if anyone read it that way.

It's always funny to hear someone complain because the dive boat is five minutes late getting back to the dock or that it took more than an hour to get through three courses of dinner. The more laid back you are, the better your vacation will be.

Tamarijn Waterfront Grill Red Parrot Restaurant
    You will love the Tam! You are on Aruba time! People don't get stressed, but they do their jobs and everyone at the Tamarijn and the Divi are nice and well informed. We always go to the Harley Davidson to get Tshirts for friends and ourselves. It is on the way downtown.... They are always nice and helpful, not pushy. We arrive on the 18th. We will look for you also! Enjoy your trip!
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast