Aruba Beach

Thread: Raddisson or La Cabana

Question Raddisson or La Cabana

We are deciding between the Raddisson with free breakfast buffett or La Cabana suite for $700 less, but no breakfast included. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 & 11. Is it a pain to get to the beach across the street at La Cabana as we do like to go to the beach. Is the pool nice at La Cabana? Is the suite nice at La Cabana? We are going over April school vacation week.
    Thanks for any advice

I have a friend who stays at the Raddison every year for two weeks and loves it. I personally have never stayed there. La Cabana on the other hand I have not heard good reviews unless you are an owner. I have read on other travel web sites that you stay in the back part of the resort and have a far walk to the beach. I have also read that you can't use certain pools and even have to use different beach towels if you don't own a time share there. I do know people who have rented from owners and have had a good experience. But, they were close to the beach and had use of the whole resort. I believe the websites I found a lot of postings for the resorts were Travelocity and Orbitz?? I did my homework on this last summer and can't remember exactly.
    I do remember reading that La Cabana is a child friendly resort.
    Good luck!

Any Aruba beach...
    The Radisson is our favorite resort on the island. Unfortunately for us, with a kid who loves to eat, it has gotten expensive.

If you have kids, and are conscious of food costs, have you checked out the Tamarijn All Inclusive? All oceanfront rooms and kids 17 and under stay and EAT free! We just returned with 4 kids ages 11 - 18 and had a wonderful experience. Quick Overview of Tamarijn 12/22 - 1/3