pier

Thread: Radisson

Radisson

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Serene, I haven't seen you on in awhile , did you make all your reservations for the dinners, ( that is last we chatted ) . Wow sept. coming up quickly, I'm not ArubaBound till Nov., please give a writing when you get back. .
    Hi Kathy--thanks for missing me.
    I has a hysterectomy a few weeks back and recovering nicely. Not online as much as i woudlike to be--like you said Sept is soon to come. Joe tells me that our trip is in XX amount of weeks and I am shocked-- I thought it was still May..I lost the whole month of June.

I made reservations at Bistro Beach at the Pheonix and LG Smiths with a dinner certificate from their web page. That is all the ressies i want to make so we can be flexible during our stay.
    I have Bully picking us up from the airport to the supermarket then to the radisson.
    Just called Amy from MCM tours since Radisson is having a SUPER sale-- 250 room credit-- a breakfast buffet every morning-- and I was able to get that sale or all the same price. Amy even upgraded us to a Gardenview room. GAWD, I am so excited.

serene,
    isn't this funny, I also ( in Jan ) had a hysterectomy. I hope everything was fine with you. Nerve wrecking isn't it ?
    I heard from Bully, I believe he is also available for us, i had emailed him back, so I'll check again tomorrow. He mentioned in his email, he also does a tour for 40.00 bucks a hour, and being this is our first trip and we really don't know where anything is, we might let him show us some spots of interest. Now that you say it, I might ask him to stop, so we can pick up a few things at supermarket aslo. I am not renting a car, r u ? Good on the choices for eating, I feel I have gone overboard, but I will be constantly updating, I think its better, like your doing , a couple of choices and make others while there, besides it being less stressful. Hey, what kind of room did you book with Amy, I had wanted a partial ocean, spoke with her the other day also, she told me they are not offering a 300.00 credit, plus the free breakfast. I think that is great. I had made a reservation at the sunset grill ( in the Radisson ), at least that will be like eating for free, so I was excited. Anyway, maybe we could exchange email addresses, I'm not sure if we can through here, but we seem to have some things in common, 2 bad we weren't going to be there at the same time. Well keep feeling better and I'll talk to you again soon.
    Kathy

Hey, what kind of room did you book with Amy, I had wanted a partial ocean, spoke with her the other day also, she told me they are not offering a 300.00 credit, plus the free breakfast. Kathy

ok-- did you get the room credit or not? I looked into a partial oanview room but for a 300+ difference I couldnt see it working- If i want to see the ocean i will go outside. I seen pics of partial OV and you could get a sliver of water.
    I sent you a PM-

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I seen pics of partial OV and you could get a sliver of water.
    Partial oceanviews we have had at the Radisson

Aruba Tower
    Also overlooked a roof top

We got extremely lucky in getting this room which was next to the oceanfront suite.

Bonaire Tower

The palms are much taller now.

serene, sorry I had written NOT, but meant we are NOW getting a 300.00 instead of the 100.00 like she said at the beginning. we are getting a partial oceanview with a 300.00 food and beverage credit and free breakfast in the morning, I think it was a fantastic deal.
    arubalisa, thanks for the pics, i had seen them on one of your sites, I am very happy with my package, and even more so with my 300.00 food and bev. credit ( plan on eating in the sunset grill, which i'm sure will use up some of that 300.00 credit) I do hope I'm lucky enough to get into the aruba tower ( those are a little bigger, yes ?)

( those are a little bigger, yes ?)
    Yes, rooms in the Aruba tower are larger, as well as the baths. Either way, it is a terrific resort.

Aruba Tower Partial Oceanview Room 1409
    Aruba Tower Partial Oceanview Room 1717 >Roomview

http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl...s/ocnpoolf.JPG

if i can have that view----wow amazing

what room is that?

what room is that?
    That was from we stayed in in the Bonaire Suite. The balcony is on the south side of the tower and the windows from the living room are oceanfront. The bath in the suite was to die for as well.

When you read about complaints of the views of palm trees from the Bonaire Tower, below is what we had when we stayed in the room next door to the suite on the northside of the tower.
    Trees off of balcony, Bonaire Tower, 3rd floor

do all balconies have the chairs? or are some just a ledge where you stand there?

do all balconies have the chairs? or are some just a ledge where you stand there?
    ALL have balconies with chairs, with the EXCEPTION of the Bonaire "Petite" Suite. The "Petite Suite" has a "french balcony" nothing more than a "step out" no where to sit, barely room to stand. If memory serves me correctly, it is on the south side of tower whereas the Bonaire Suite's living room window is oceanfront.

The "Petite Suite" also has a "power shower" in lieu of the stall shower, whirlpool tub combo found in the Bonaire Suite.
    Petite Bonaire Suite, picture window to the right out of view

Living room window of the Bonaire Petite Suite on the south side of the Bonaire Tower.