Aruba Beach

Thread: Radisson Bound

Radisson Bound

Anyone been to the Radisson recently? Looking for some recent tips, info, reviews. Thanks.

Just got back and the Radisson was great. The pool is really nice and less crowded that most of the other hotel pools. Beach is wonderful. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the room size. We were put in the bonair tower, but requested the aruba tower as the rooms are larger ion the aruba tower. If the hotel is full and you book a garden view room, you will most likely not get the Aruba tower. If you book a partial ocean view room or higher, you have a much better chance of getting Aruba tower if you request it prior. I will definetly go back to Radisson, but will try for aruba tower. Any other suggestions on how to get a bigger room? Are the curaco tower rooms bigger than bonair?
    Enjoy your trip

We have stayed at the Radisson four times. Twice in the Bonaire Tower (Bonaire Suite and ??? was never sure of the category, think it was partial oceaview, but definitely more than we paid for), twice in the Aruba Tower (partial oceanview).

The rooms in the Aruba Tower are larger as well as their baths. Aruba Tower rooms are the same size, just the views are different. Only exception of course being the suites.

Bonaire Tower is much more centrally located to the pool and beach as well as Laguna and access to the guest parking lot.

We have not stayed in the Curacao Tower, but I have seen the rooms and the Curacao Suite. The rooms are a tiny bit bigger than the Bonaire Tower, and the baths are larger than the Bonaire Tower. Higher floor rooms, closest to the ocean have wonderful views.

If a picture is worth thousand words...

Aruba Tower Room 1409
    Aruba Tower Room 1717

Bonaire Tower Room

Curacao Tower Room

I have a map of the property at http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/rad_map.htm

You can see an aerial view of the resort at http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.568408&lon=-70.046757&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2 This gives you a good idea of the promity of the buildings to the ocean, pool and other facilities.

Click on thumbnail for full size

Our trip reports are here. I never had a chance to write a review for our last visit, but suffice to say, it was better than ever! My parents have been visiting Aruba since the mid 1980's and stayed at the Radisson for the first time last August and said, by far, the best resort on the island.

We booked through MCM Tours and got an Ocean/Pool View room in the Aruba Tower. Being our honeymoon, we wanted the view even if we do not spend much time there. It sounds as though we will be very satisfied with what we've got. The only part of the resort that we experienced last time we were there was Gilligan's so we are ready to soak in the entire resort. Pictures are worth a thousand words Lisa and yours are a big help. I need lots of pictures to help me choose a destination because when you're spending that much money, you want to get it right! I thank you for helping us with our decision. Now the wait! Wedding planning will help pass the time but I am in need of some relaxation right now.

We have stayed at the Radisson for the last eight years and have never been disappointed. We stayed in all of the towers. All of the towers are nice, but the Aruba tower is my favorite. The rooms are bigger and so are the bathrooms. Also, I feel the grounds at the Radisson are beautiful and just get you into that island feel. Enjoy your trip!

The Radisson is a very nice property...one of my personal favorites.

To Bw11,

I Will Be Staying At The Radisson As Well In Nov. , So Am Very Anxious To Hear How You Enjoyed The Place, So Please When You Get Back , Drop A Line Here

Will do. I can guarantee that some of the review will include:

"The weather was great, the water was warm, the food was delicious, and the beer was cold!"

I hope the resort is everything I expect and more.

Hate to spoil the suspense but the odds are pretty good for a similar report!!!

BW11,

i'm sure its going to be wonderful, we also booked through Amy of MCM tours, we are however, not going to November, and have nothing to keep our minds as busy as yours will be, we have been married 21 years already, this is our first trip to Aruba, so we are very excited about going. Anyway, much much happiness and best wishes for a wonderful wedding, i will look forward to hearing just how much you enjoyed your great food in the warm sun with a nice COLD ONE.