Aruba Beach

Thread: Radisson - complimentary room upgrade??

Radisson - complimentary room upgrade??

I'm currently booked for a garden view room in the Curacao bldg at the Radisson Aruba. I'd like to get a complimentary room upgrade. I see that many people have received a free upgrade in other hotels. How do I go about this? Should I ask ahead of time with a phone call? Should I ask at the desk? How exactly is the best way to make this request?

I would appreciate any advice on getting the complimentary room upgrade at the Radisson.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    I'm currently booked for a garden view room in the Curacao bldg at the Radisson Aruba. I'd like to get a complimentary room upgrade. I see that many people have received a free upgrade in other hotels. How do I go about this? Should I ask ahead of time with a phone call? Should I ask at the desk? How exactly is the best way to make this request?

I would appreciate any advice on getting the complimentary room upgrade at the Radisson.

Thanks!!
    I actually was booked in a garden view room. I sent a nice email to the Radisson and basically just asked for an upgrade. If you can get into the Aruba Tower it is the nicest of the three.

I was upgraded to a partial oceanview. I was near the bar but not a big deal.

Here is the thing about the aruba tower... We were in room 1404. When the Sun rises it rises on the ODD side of the hotel. So if you want to sleep late and not have the sun blaring in then see if you can get an EVEN number room. The even number is closer to the bar and such. But if you get in late, most of it will have settled down.

But a nice email will probably get you an upgrade. You can probably ask when you get there, but they will only upgrade you if there is something that is available.
    Decided to take down my timer!

We had a garden view room in the Cuaraco Towers-- even side- floor 6 (3612)
    Our view was amazing- we had a view of a little bit of everything. The hot tub ws located there too.

http://travelingnuts.com/aruba/photos/index002.html

our room view photos are on the bottom of this page- (sorry I dont know how to get one picture to post.

SGR: did your room not have those slat doors on the balcony doors?
    Last edited by serene56; 07-29-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Gosh, I think that is pretty darn nice for a gardenview. Even a view of the ocean! Almost a partial oceanview!

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    We had a garden view room in the Cuaraco Towers-- even side- floor 6 (3612)
    Our view was amazing- we had a view of a little bit of everything. The hot tub ws located there too.

http://travelingnuts.com/aruba/photos/index002.html

our room view photos are on the bottom of this page- (sorry I dont know how to get one picture to post.

SGR: did your room not have those slat doors on the balcony doors?
    The doors did have the slats, some of them didn't close all the way tho.
    Decided to take down my timer!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Gosh, I think that is pretty darn nice for a gardenview. Even a view of the ocean! Almost a partial oceanview!

i think the partial oceanviews were further down the hall. We had a room right off that elevator (i dont know if there was another elevator down the hall either.)

The view from here was amazing. I hope to get the same area next time.

(I heard those parrots wake people in the Aruba towers.0

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    i think the partial oceanviews were further down the hall. We had a room right off that elevator (i dont know if there was another elevator down the hall either.)
    Yes, I believe you are right. Our last partial oceanview below was in the Aruba Tower at the end of the hall closest to the ocean, but on the "outside" of the tower- odd numbered room.

(I heard those parrots wake people in the Aruba towers.
    Yes, the way they squawk I can believe it. We were very please with the above view.

Lisa= Is that a partial view?

(joe says to wait til we get there to see what they offer--- and if its not what we would like we can ask for our room.

me--on the other hand says why take that chance that OUR room wont be available.

WWYD

Yes, that was partial ocean in the Aruba Tower. LOL, that was the year we booked the cheapest room and Amy requested the Bonaire Tower for us because we wanted to be centrally located. Obviously we had a much better view and we "put up with the elevator" up and down.

The next year my parents requested Bonaire Tower for the same reason and ended up in a partial ocean in the Curacao after paying the cheapest rate.

Imo, MCM will take good care of you. If absolute worst comes to worst and you check in, get to your room and hate it, ask to be switched. You have a big advantage in that you don't need a bedding preference. Families need doubles and most couples want kings .

Flexible is good!