Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By maryj0w
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Radisson getting free WiFi in all rooms

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12

    Radisson getting free WiFi in all rooms

    Just got back from staying at the Radisson in Aruba. They are currently putting free WiFi in all rooms. The Radisson is beautiful, and the grounds are very large, safe, and friendly.

    PS, I will have to post a photo soon, as I went deep sea fishing and caught a Sail Fish!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Thanks for the great news! We will look forward to the fish

  3. #3
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Posts
    1,824
    It would be nice if more resorts will do the same.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    It would be nice if more resorts will do the same.
    It is VERY VERY expensive to do the installation, thus the Radisson up until now only had WiFi in the lobby areas.

    We were just happy the Radisson offered in room hard wired FREE
    vs. having to pay $50 per week like we do at the Tamarijn.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-24-2012 at 11:18 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Posts
    1,824
    I didn't realize it was so expensive to wire, tells how much I know This is my first year I will be using it for my kindle fire at Divi and not looking forward to paying the price but will do so (I think). I wouldn't mind if it just had free wi-fi in the lobby but probably doesn't. Oh well....guess it is nice to have the option either way.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    The Divi All Inclusive just installed a VERY nice internet cafe off the lobby. It has glass walls and was pretty darn nice. I am sure their minute rates are the same as the Tamarijn's. Rates are here

  7. #7
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The Divi All Inclusive just installed a VERY nice internet cafe off the lobby. It has glass walls and was pretty darn nice. I am sure their minute rates are the same as the Tamarijn's. Rates are here

    Thanks for the info Lisa I was unaware of this new internet cafe. This may be more cost efficient for me as I do not plan on using wi-fi too much.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    It is VERY VERY expensive to do the installation, thus the Radisson up until now only had WiFi in the lobby areas.

    We were just happy the Radisson offered in room hard wired FREE
    vs. having to pay $50 per week like we do at the Tamarijn.
    Wifi is a lot cheaper to install than a wired network and has been getting cheaper and cheaper to install every year. Bandwidth use will likely go up significantly though.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Wifi is a lot cheaper to install than a wired network and has been getting cheaper and cheaper to install every year. Bandwidth use will likely go up significantly though.
    That was the "excuse" given to me by the general manager at the time.

  10. #10
    Senior Member MarcioCampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We were just happy the Radisson offered in room hard wired FREE
    Indeed. I really didn't mind the absence of wifi connection in the room, because the cable did pretty well for us.

    Cheers

    Marcio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO