Aruba Beach

Thread: Radisson Internet Access

Radisson Internet Access

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if the internet access at the Radisson is wireless or wired? The wireless adapter has crapped out on the laptop I want to take. Thanks.

Radisson Internet Connection

We stayed in the Aruba Tower and the outlet for the network was atop the table across from the bed.

You will need an Ethernet adapter or Ethernet port on your laptop.

The network cable does not extend very far. If you prefer working at the table, then the network cable supplied will be sufficient.

Don't want to work at the desk? We travel with a 25 foot long cable. Simply unplugged their cable and hooked up our own to the laptop. The rooms have nice lounge chairs with ottoman. If your cable were long enough and there was no glare, you could also work out on the balcony.

Once you hook in, go to IE. A log in screen will appear as soon as you launch IE. You simply register with your room number and name. This only has to be done once in a one week period.

You are then on the Internet. It is that easy! There no wireless in the room.

Great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Radisson Internet Connection

We stayed in the Aruba Tower and the outlet for the network was atop the table across from the bed.

You will need an Ethernet adapter or Ethernet port on your laptop.

The network cable does not extend very far. If you prefer working at the table, then the network cable supplied will be sufficient.

Don't want to work at the desk? We travel with a 25 foot long cable. Simply unplugged their cable and hooked up our own to the laptop. The rooms have nice lounge chairs with ottoman. If your cable were long enough and there was no glare, you could also work out on the balcony.

Once you hook in, go to IE. A log in screen will appear as soon as you launch IE. You simply register with your room number and name. This only has to be done once in a one week period.

You are then on the Internet. It is that easy! There no wireless in the room.

You are chock full of info! Wonderful! I was thinking the same thing, I am traveling in July and I use my laptop for my phone service allowing me to travel with my home phone number. No cost phone calls back home!!! Gotta love Vonage!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Radisson wireless internet?

Is the Radisson set up for wireless internet access? If not will I need to bring a cable of some type?

For free, no wireless. I believe there may be a charge for wireless.

See above

Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-14-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Just left the Radisson yesterday .

In room like was just said, the network cable is there on the desk next to the bed. That is where I used my laptop for the week. I think that there is wireless in the lobby but not in the rooms.

The wire that was in the room was like 12 feet long. Bringing your own wire is not a bad idea. I actually travel also with a cable like 35 feet or so (homemade).

If you need to get one just goto local store and ask for a "Patch Cable" If you have time, you are better off buying it online, as they are usually much more expensive in the store.
    Decided to take down my timer!

Is this information still current that there is still a network connection in the newly renovated rooms?
    Is it still free of charge?