Aruba Beach

Thread: Radisson/Marriott Questions

Radisson/Marriott Questions

Is the now just the Hilton looking to purchase? Do most hotels continue to operate as usual when there's a name change? Will the Radisson employees stay on as Hilton employees? I'm still trying to figure out if I should change over to the Marriott. Has anyone stayed at both places? I have a Tradewinds room booked at the Marriott and Plaza Club at the Radisson. Can anyone provide a comparison? Is one beach better? The Radisson seems to be in a better location to be able to walk to places when I look at a map of the area. The Marriott looks to be away from most restaurants and stores.

You are right that you can walk to much more in the way of activities, shopping, dining and other properties if you are at the Radisson.

When we were there in April, the beach at the Marriott was definitely more crowded than along where the Radisson sits. There were also many more people in the water at the Marriott as I believe they have many more rooms on their property than Radisson has on theirs.

Aruba since 1979
    No, the Riu and the Aruba Growth Fund are both wanting the Carlson Group Property (Radisson).
    Yes there would be a name change and it is unknown if the hotel would continue to operate or would close for a period of time. I do not know what most hotels do in a similar situation. I do not know if the Radisson employess with remain. If it turns into a Hilton, probably...if it turns into a Riu, probably not.Yes, the Marriott is a large property but i think the beach is not as nice as the Radisson's area and the Radisson area is much more convenient to most everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bostongal View Post
    Is the now just the Hilton looking to purchase? Do most hotels continue to operate as usual when there's a name change? Will the Radisson employees stay on as Hilton employees? I'm still trying to figure out if I should change over to the Marriott. Has anyone stayed at both places? I have a Tradewinds room booked at the Marriott and Plaza Club at the Radisson. Can anyone provide a comparison? Is one beach better? The Radisson seems to be in a better location to be able to walk to places when I look at a map of the area. The Marriott looks to be away from most restaurants and stores.