Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radisson: Palapas

Radisson: Palapas

I know that I can pay for a Palapa at the Radisson.

Has anyone traveled in July? I am not sure what I am going to do,either pay or reserve at 4pm. I just don't want to be tied to getting online every day. I would prefer one close to the water since I will have 2 children with me.

Also how many chairs are with the palapas or can you add more? I am traveling with another family and want to stay together.
    Decided to take down my timer!

We've stayed at the Radisson in the past. If you get in line for 4pm you won't have a problem getting a palapa it just won't be in the front row. In the past I remember people starting to line up around 3:30 or so.

We stay at the Radisson every July and never have a problem getting one and we don't pay for one. We actually get two because we have two rooms as my daughters have their own room. The staff is very helpful and always gives us two next to each other. The wait on line is about 10 minutes at 4:00. If you don't mind one at the end, you can get one of those at 5:00 or 6:00. The first row is the row you have to pay for. I don't care about being in the first row, so we get the free ones. Hope this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lindon View Post
    We stay at the Radisson every July and never have a problem getting one and we don't pay for one. We actually get two because we have two rooms as my daughters have their own room. The staff is very helpful and always gives us two next to each other. The wait on line is about 10 minutes at 4:00. If you don't mind one at the end, you can get one of those at 5:00 or 6:00. The first row is the row you have to pay for. I don't care about being in the first row, so we get the free ones. Hope this is helpful.
    I am actually here now. I waited online and actually got one in the first row without paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    I am actually here now. I waited online and actually got one in the first row without paying.
    Thanks, good to know. Last year they were charging for that row. I'll see what I can get in a couple of weeks.

How much to rent a palapa in the front row?

We got front rows last year--- but all the way towards the dunking donuts.

I think I would pay for a front one more inthe middle if possible.

Should we tip the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    How much to rent a palapa in the front row?

We got front rows last year--- but all the way towards the dunking donuts.

I think I would pay for a front one more inthe middle if possible.

Should we tip the guy?

I think it was $25 or $35 a DAY!. You would reserve for the entire week. When we were online to get a free one, you would see that ones that were already paid for. So i assume you would need to hope that someone has not already paid for it for the week that you are there. Best bet is to go as soon as you get there and go to the towel hut, and ask. I dont think that Tipping would help at all, since people have already reserved some.

Holy Crap- $25.00 every day? i got better things to do with my money.

Here's hoping the Radisson is like it was last Sept-- almost empty

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    Holy Crap- $25.00 every day? i got better things to do with my money.

Here's hoping the Radisson is like it was last Sept-- almost empty
    Last week, it was not bad. If you dont mind waiting on line for a bit, you will get a good one......

Last year the hotel was less then 30% occupancy. Sat on the beach every day and felt like we were the only ones on the beach-- even at noon-1pm. I have pictures that it looks desserted.

The places we ate-- not one time did we have reservations--always walk up and those too seemed empty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast