Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radisson: Palapas

When you going again!??
    Decided to take down my timer!

Sept 13 thru 19th
    Same as last year.

The following week Radisson was hosting a poker tournement

Radisson

We stay at the Radisson every year and have to wait in line in the morning. They always tell us you can not reserve one the day before. So I get up at 7 and go outside and there is ALWAYS a line at the hut. You choose your area, and they set you up with the towels, etc.
    Did they change there procedure? Can you reserve one for the week now? We will be there for 10 days August 2. I am awfully tired of getting up and waiting in line at the crack of dawn, just to sit under a plam tree on the beach.

Also, Carnival cruise lines was coming in 1 or 2 days to use the Radisson beach as a cruise ship tour. It was horrible. The beach got so crowded when they were there. Are they still doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by RONNIE View Post
    We stay at the Radisson every year and have to wait in line in the morning. They always tell us you can not reserve one the day before. So I get up at 7 and go outside and there is ALWAYS a line at the hut. You choose your area, and they set you up with the towels, etc.
    Did they change there procedure? Can you reserve one for the week now? We will be there for 10 days August 2. I am awfully tired of getting up and waiting in line at the crack of dawn, just to sit under a plam tree on the beach.

Also, Carnival cruise lines was coming in 1 or 2 days to use the Radisson beach as a cruise ship tour. It was horrible. The beach got so crowded when they were there. Are they still doing that?

The hotel charges 16.00 for use of the chairs/pools so yes, they are still doing that.

I dont know when they started the palapa at 4pm the day before-- but that was in place last year and its still that way this year. You go to the hut--look at his paper and let him know what one you want-- then he gave us a card reserving that for us. Explained that our towels MUST be on the chairs by 10am-- and if two hours go by with no activity on those chairs they will take them away

Quote Originally Posted by RONNIE View Post

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    The hotel charges 16.00 for use of the chairs/pools so yes, they are still doing that.

I dont know when they started the palapa at 4pm the day before-- but that was in place last year and its still that way this year. You go to the hut--look at his paper and let him know what one you want-- then he gave us a card reserving that for us. Explained that our towels MUST be on the chairs by 10am-- and if two hours go by with no activity on those chairs they will take them away

You can reserve the Palapas for an extended time if you pay for them. Per day charge. If you don't want to pay, then you can reserve the day before starting at 4pm. You must be at your palapa by 10am, if you are not there (at least towels) then anyone can use it. Also, if you are there by 10 and are gone for more than 2 hours, it is up for grabs again. I would guess that the only ones who whould know that you are gone for 2 hours would be people at other palapas and want to use yours also.

At the pool:
    The only thing that there is a charge for is the use of a Cabana. I think it is $35 a day for it. That gets you the cabana, with newspaper, sun screen, towels, and a cooler with ice and water.

The umbrellas at the pool are first come first serve, no charge.

If you try to use a cabana without paying, you will be asked to leave it.

$35.00 for a cabana- thats not bad. I thought they were closer to $100.00 because of the stuff you got.- I forget what was offered--(a cooler, some fruit??

$35.00 is not a bad price especially if ya cant get a palapa on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    $35.00 for a cabana- thats not bad. I thought they were closer to $100.00 because of the stuff you got.- I forget what was offered--(a cooler, some fruit??

$35.00 is not a bad price especially if ya cant get a palapa on the beach.

I posted above what you get with the Cabana.

The Palapa is PER DAY!

Thumbs up palapas at radisson

We just returned from the radisson. Each day at 4pm sign up for it for the next day. We stayed 5 days and each day had the same one. It was in the front row right in the middle of everything. IT WAS FREE.
    The one we had was an excellent location. It was either number 111 or 107 i dont remember.

where do I go to reserve one for the week online?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    where do I go to reserve one for the week online?
    http://radisson-aruba.travelscreamforum.com/topics.aspx?ID=162
    "Pool Cabanas are $45/Day and include:
    A cooler, 5 Bottles of Water, Towels, Sunblock, Daily Newspaper.
    I attached an image of the Pool Cabana.

Palapas are $35/Day (near the ocean) or $25/Day (further from the ocean) and include:
    Towels, lounge chairs, table.

To reserve a free Palapa, you need to register daily for the next day at 4:00pm at the towel hut.

You can reserve for any duration you would like, 2 days, 4 days, weekly... The direct line to the Pool/Beach Attendants is: 297 52 66 599 or from your room Ext. 6599"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast