Aruba Beach

Thread: Radisson Plaza Club

Radisson Plaza Club

My family and I are planning a trip to Aruba in early June. We're considering either a deluxe ocean view room or a Plaza Club deluxe ocean view room. In your opinion, is the Plaza Club worth the extra expense in terms of the included amenities and room placement?

Thanks for your help! It's much appreciated.

My husband and i have stayed on the Plaza Club at the Radisson for our previous 5 trips. Before that we always stayed in a deluxe ocean view room (always in the Aruba Tower - 9 trips in all). In my opinion, the Plaza Club is definitely worth it. It is perfect for breakfast if you are not a huge breakfast eater. There are always two hot entrees and several pastry choices, beautiful fresh fruit, cereals, etc. The ambiance is lovely, and the option to take it back to your room makes it very convenient. Saves a lot of time when you are anxious to get into the beautiful sunshine. We have never gone during tea time - it is in the afternoon and we are always out doing something. We do, however, like to visit there on our way back to our room after a long day in the sun. There are delicious hors d'oeuvres (hot and cold) and lots of alcohol. Some people make this their dinner. We don't - there are too many great restaurants to visit! We always to manage to take some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies back to our room for later, though! The staff in the Plaza Club is fantastic and treat you like family. The Queen (Matilde), Germaine, and Afroze are the epitome of island hospitality and will go out of their way to accommodate your every need. They make all our reservations and take care of our special requests. The Queen arranged for a surprise birthday dinner for me when we were there in June (I didn't even know she knew it was my birthday).

The amenities in the room are premium (huge, fluffy bathrobes and slippers, upgraded toiletries, flowers in the bathroom, evening turn-down service with soft music and chocolates), but that is not the reason to splurge on the Plaza Club. The convenience, the staff, and the great food are better reasons - and the computers/internet available only to the Plaza Club guests (we don't travel with a laptop)!

Thanks so much for the info! Sounds like Plaza Club is the way to go.

yes wendy, I have to agree, looks like it would beautiful. I hope you're getting a good price

WendyS -

Be sure to tell The Queen, Germaine, and Afroze that Sherry and Armand from Massachusetts say hello!

We've made our decision...a Partial Ocean View at the Plaza Club. It was somewhat less expensive than the Deluxe OV, but still with the perks of the Plaza Club.

Thanks again for the information!

Wendy

wendy, I like that Plaza Club Level, but not clear on what you said, A delux OV was more expensive that a Partial OV in the Plaza club ? in the Plaza Club, you will have a Balcony, yes ? Where wil you face ?

Yes, plaza club ocean view is more expensive than the plaza club partial ocean view. My understanding is that all plaza club rooms are in the Aruba Tower and all have balconies. I think they're located on the north side of the property, but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps!

Wendy

Oceanview rooms should be on the south side of the tower and north side rooms are partial oceanview. Plaza Club rooms are in the Aruba tower and all have balconies.

I do not think the Executive King suites at the Radisson have balconies. I know the Bonaire Petite Suites do not.

All other rooms and suites have balconies. Aruba Tower suites are slightly oversized. Bonaire Suite balconies are standard size off the bedroom and Curacao Tower suites have two balconies. One "standard" size off of the bedroom and the other oversize balcony off of the living room.

All quite nice.