Aruba Beach

Thread: radisson question

radisson question

not sure if this has been answered already,
    i've been to the radisson 4 times in the past 3 years the last time was 9/07.are they now charging to rent beach palapas?
    thank you for any response.also has anyone heard of renovations to be started in 2009, we like it the way it is.

From arubalisa

Quoted From Eleni:

"Pool Cabanas are $45/Day and include:

A cooler, 5 Bottles of Water, Towels, Sunblock, Daily Newspaper.
    I attached an image of the Pool Cabana.

Palapas are $35/Day (near the ocean) or $25/Day (further from the ocean) and include:
    Towels, lounge chairs, table.

To reserve a free Palapa, you need to register daily for the next day at 4:00pm at the towel hut.

You can reserve for any duration you would like, 2 days, 4 days, weekly... The direct line to the Pool/Beach Attendants is: 297 52 66 599 or from your room Ext. 6599"

We just stayed at the Radisson last week. The middle palapas and back palapas are free as long as you get on line each day at 4:00 for the next day. We never had a problem getting a free one in a good location.

I like the Radisson. My parents stayed there in February. That said, for $45, you can hang out at my house for 6 hours and I'll supply you with 5 bottles of water, a carafe of wine, some crackers, and all the stories you'd like to here. Seems steep to me to rent shade.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

thanks for the answers,so i guess the first day there you're stuck paying for one of the beach palapas?

Quote Originally Posted by jaywill View Post
    thanks for the answers,so i guess the first day there you're stuck paying for one of the beach palapas?
    I would not necessairly say that. Most people say that not all palapas are reserved the day before. Even if you arrive at the hotel late in the day you could also try reserving a palapa for the next day after you check in. If your flight does not arrive until late, just head down to the towel hut first thing in the a.m. to see what is available.