Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Radisson sale?

Radisson sale?

There is a closed thread that indicates this rumor is not true. I was on the Aruba forums board today and it was brought up again. The poster indicates it is true and 13 people/groups are interested. I hope this is not true. I am booked there in January/February to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. I hope. Mark will confirm whether this is a rumor or if it is true.

We're booked there for November. When the original post came out Andrea contacted the manager of the Radisson who said it wasn't true. I believe she checked with some other sources as well. That is why the thread was closed.

Yes I saw her notes and understood why it was closed. This is a new thread on the Aruba-bb forum board. The person who posted it is usually spot on. She is from the Netherlands and has many friends on the Island.

Aruba since 1979
    I have been hearing rumblings/rumors too since way before the thread was begun and then closed.
    I really hate rumors.

I will contact the manager again.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-30-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    I just heard back from Mark Francis..........GM of Aruba Radisson.
    NOT sold.
    Will keep the thread open.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-30-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Thank you for taking the time to follow up with Mark. If I hear anything else on the Aruba-bb I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I just heard back from Mark Francis..........GM of Aruba Radisson.
    NOT sold.
    Will keep the thread open.
    You are correct, the Radisson is not sold, however, there are a few very very interested parties looking at it. I have spoken to a few management people at the Rad and they have confirmed that there has been people on the island recently looking over the property.

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Anyone read yesterday's Amigoe? Radisson hotel sluit waarschijnlijk niet

Thanks to google translate it looks like they're saying Radison closing probably not

I read some of the Amigoe article. I got to see a few sentences before I would have to login and the google translate said it is for sale and there are as many as 13 interested parties but nothing has happened yet. We have gone back and forth about changing our reservation. I have really wanted to stay at the Radisson since our first visit to a travel agent to plan our honeymoon, but it hasn't been in our budget until now. I have a refundable room right now and am going back and forth on whether I can justify the added cost or if we just want to go back to our usual Holiday Inn. With the possible sale, I guess we will just want till mid October to decide.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast