Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Re: All Inclusive. Do you go Off resort

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I will come right out and say that I have felt that I am being judged by some forum members because of our choice of visiting Aruba and staying at a resort on an all inclusive package. Please do not judge me and my family because we stay at an all inclusive until you have walked in our shoes.

For our family traveling with an elderly parent who has difficulty walking, staying somewhere on an all inclusive package boils down simply to convenience. Difficulty walking along with physical pain for my father getting in and out of cars, this is just the way it will have to be until he dies. Once he is gone, should we continue to travel to Aruba we will then again enjoy EVERYTHING that the island has to offer.

For now we will continue to support the island's economy as best as we can. The taxi driver we use is still taking fares, the car rental company we used last year is still in business. The gas station will happily accept our money for petrol for the rental car. Hopefully the flea markets are all still around so we can give them some more of our cash for souvenirs. We may even splurge and pay entrance to Arikok National Park again this year.
    I don't judge you either. I'm not even sure if the person who asked some question had the intention to judge, maybe he/she just asked some questions for information as you have lots of experience.

Everyone's life situation and circumstances, likes and tastes are different.

There are PLUS and MINUS sides to AI. I find it interesting to read about it and to learn from people's experiences.

I enjoy your posts as much as I do with many other posters here. Peace!

I really don't like reading that anyone on this forum feels judged. I honestly do not see judgement in any of these posts, but since you felt that way, I would hope that the posts after you expressed your feelings have helped to ease those feelings. One of the things I love about this forum are how different all of our trips are to the same little island. I like reading about all of the experiences and what people like and don't like. It really helps when I am talking to friends and family and giving them their options for their style Aruba.

Your vacation style may not be for me, and I'm sure mine is not for many others on this forum. But I think there is a respect and understanding of those differences on this forum, more so than any of the other forums out there. I've seen some pretty ugly discussions of this very topic.

I really appreciate the options you described at AM. We have only done AI once, that was at Holiday Inn. I wouldn't recommend it there, but AM is totally different because the AI includes restaurants we might go to anyway if we stayed in that area. Without your posts, I would not have realized that.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I really appreciate the options you described at AM. We have only done AI once, that was at Holiday Inn. I wouldn't recommend it there, but AM is totally different because the AI includes restaurants we might go to anyway if we stayed in that area. Without your posts, I would not have realized that.
    Thanks, I fully realize that all inclusive is not for everyone as well as not only for those who are heavy drinkers. Our first all inclusive Aruba vacation came out of necessity when traveling with our extended family of 10 people, of which 4 were children with VERY expensive tastes in dining. Ala Carte dinners would have made the trip unaffordable.

We initially discussed the Holiday Inn but our travel agent immediately ruled it out due to the poor quality of the food and directed us instead to the Tamarijn. It was a perfect solution for 4 out of 5 family vacations.

Having moved on to the Amsterdam Manor we are happy. Some people are turned off by having to cross the road to reach the beach. For us compared to Palm Beach it is a non-issue. Others are free to agree to disagree.

I would also like to point out for people, like us, who like to drink especially our vacations, if you have particular tastes or brands that you prefer, definitely do your research on what is offered at each All Inclusive. We actually spent more going AI at Holiday Inn than the next year when we went a la carte, primarily because of the limited drink selection that was included in our package. We went off property a lot even though we had paid for AI.
    My coworker who stayed at the Riu last year said him and his wife also go off the resort for variety and a change of atmosphere, while their traveling companions chose not to. It all depends on your budget, your desire or ability to walk around, or your tastes. We are all different in those respects.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba Lisa, I am sorry you feel like that. You are a VERY valuable person on these forums. I read the post you mentioned about only heavy drinkers go and I found that offensive at best. I value peoples opinions regardless if they stay at the Divi, Tam, AM, Hilton or Ritz. Everyone who is at any of these locations is thrilled beyond belief and should enjoy themselves and not pass judgement... Keep up the good work!

I own at the occidental, couple of my weeks are all inclusive.
    We still eat off the resort, most evenings, still frequent scotts brats and bugaloe for breakfast and lunch.

Bring my own bottles of grey goose, not walking to the lobby for a drink when we're in the room, not happening..
    going to eat and drink wherever the moment dictates, no keeping score for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    ...Having moved on to the Amsterdam Manor we are happy. Some people are turned off by having to cross the road to reach the beach. For us compared to Palm Beach it is a non-issue. Others are free to agree to disagree.

We're also on Eagle Beach and have to 'cross the street' to get to the beach. I wouldn't trade that location for anywhere on Palm Beach. This is my slice of Aruba. I can handle the walk.

While I don't stay on Eagle Beach would have zero issues about crossing the street. Its still closer to the beach than many spots on Palm Beach...All is good in Aruba no matter how you celebrate your stay.

Have made 15 visits with most for 2 weeks and nearly all at an AI. During the 2 weeks we will dine offsite a couple times. Over the years we've tried most of the 'to die for' establishments. We have found that the dining options and menu selection available through Divi/Tamarijn in many instances exceed those offered at the 'to die for' restaurants. We dress for diner 15 minutes prior to our reservation. Often we sit on our patio and enjoy the sunset just before going. No need to driver or get a cab. We thoroughly enjoy the variety of options and find we tend to eat lite at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not unusual for us to have a diner reservation and only have appetizers skipping an entire'. Breakfast, lunch and snacks we're in our beach ware. There is enough top shelf alcohol available that most needs should be satisfied. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Snidely; 08-27-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

The first post I did... everyone was super nice and still are.
    They listen and give the best advice to somebody they can.
    Everyone has their own opinion's... and to me here everyone respects them too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast