Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: renaissance hotel - boat schedule?

saz

renaissance hotel - boat schedule?

Hi -

After I booked my trip to Renaissance, I realized that the hotel is not on the beach. Apparently, the hotel has a private island, which is a beach. But you have to take the boat to get there. I was wondering how frequent this boat goes back and forth? How long is the boat ride? Is there a bus/shuttle to other beaches in Aruba from the hotel?

Thanks!!

Saz

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ride is 10 minutes or so, and is one of the nicest things to do everyday. It goes to the Ren. Marina first and then to the suites. First come first serve. You MUST carry your room key with you or you can't get on the boat. The room key is verified at the 2 boat stops by inserting into a little slot. THis is done by the boat driver. The boat holds probably 20-25people and runs continiously all day. You can count on a 15-20 minute wait. I believe the last boat off the island is 7 pm, unless there is an event there. They will let you know in advance. No, no shuttle to any other beaches. After you hit the island I doubt you will want any other place.

saz
    Hi Cindy!

Thanks so much for your reply. 10 min ride is not bad at all. Good to know. I saw pictures of the island and it looked so small that I doubted that it was roomy enough. I guess that's not the case and that pictures don't do justice!

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    Actually the boat ride is part of the fun. There are two beach sides to the island. The side where you get your towels, is the family side. After you get your towels, if you go to the right from where you get off the boat is the adult side. Topless sunbathing allowed. That side is more rocky getting in the water and we always bring watershoes. On both sides of the private island, there is plenty of space in the shade or sunshine. It's not crowded as is the beaches in the highrise area since only guests of the Renaissance are allowed to use the private island. There also is a beach area at the Renn Suites which those staying at the Marina Towers can also use. The Ren Suites allows children while the Marina Towers is Adult only. Hope you enjoy staying at the Renaissance as much as we do.

One more thing! If you are 2 in your room you must BOTH have your keys! We usually only carried one with us all the time and they wouldn't let my husband on the boat cause he didn't have his!

And NO the island is not small! Its beautiful! Wait until you see the flamingos walking around! Its just breathtaking!

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    and don't forget the pink duck..the island is awesome..you can use either marina or suites pool..if you want to check out either eagle or palm beach just jump on the bus and go on up..but with the private island at your fingertips you won't need anything else..they have tennis courts, weight room, nature walk, water sports and a restaurant too..you won't be disappointed..
    scott and tricia

I have a quick question, I have read on other messages that if you pay to go to the Island they give you lunch, coktails, etc... what if I'm a guest at the Hotel?? Is lunch included and cocktails?? Or do I have to bring my own?

Thanks for all your help..

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    guests not staying at the hotel can buy a one day pass for $75 which includes lunch and one drink..if you're staying at the hotel you get free access to the island but you bring your own lunch and provide your own drinks..
    scott and tricia

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    He scott and trisha, They're kinda frowning upon those big coolers on the boat...ya gotta see the looks we get...we pack them like we're going away for a month....so we've had to down size on the cooler size

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    Actually, the rules that are posted where you get on the boat state that you cannot bring your own food or drink to the island. I don't believe they enforce that too strictly. I've seen someone denied access as they were carrying a big cooler. We've carried a small softside cooler that holds about 8 cans with no problem. The drinks and food at the restaurant on the island is not that expensive. They have servers that go around taking orders and will deliver it to you at the beach.
    Last edited by Kim L; 03-12-2008 at 09:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast