Aruba Beach

Thread: Renaissance Island - Rentals?

Renaissance Island - Rentals?

Hi all! We leave for Aruba in 10 days!I am beyond excited.
    With that said, I have started packing (I am late according to several posts I have seen - ha). I am wondering about what items we can rent on Renaissace Island and what the prices are per day/per week? rental. I am asking because I am trying to out weigh bringing/packing vs just renting the following items:
    - Snorkel gear for 2 adults, 2 kids
    - life vests/jackets for kids (would want to bring on Jolly Pirate too)
    - Blow up raft/floats

I would rather not pack and bring along, but not sure if it is reasonable $$ to rent on island and wondering what you the 'experts' do. ; )

Also, does anyone that has stayed at Renaissance ocean suites do laundry? Most timeshares I have stayed at have Washer/Dryer in the units, but I believe the ocean suites does not. Are there on-site facilities for laundry and should I plan on packing & bringing detergent/dryer sheets? We will be there for 10 days.

Thanks guys!!
    Coqui

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    You can rent snorkel equipment on the private island. Water mats are $5. a day, I think snorkel equipment is the same price. There is a Red Sail gift shop on the island where you can purchase equipment. If you are going to be there 10 days and have enough room in your luggage, it would be cheaper to pack the equipment. I haven't seen life vests on the island, the water is pretty calm. Equipment and vest will be provided on the Jolly Pirates,

Laundry facilities at the Ocean Suites are on the 1st, 3rd and 5th floors. Washers are (4) quarters; dryers (5) quarters.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    buy your own swim rings at home, target 3.99 or something like that, pack em flat, you don't need to rent that stuff on the island.

Aruba since 1979
    the foam noodles bend nicely and fit in checked suitcases.

i hate spending $$ on floatables at places like ren island or waterparks.

noodles, blow up floats all can pack nicely

then if you do not want to bring them home............donate to a family that is still enjoying their vacation.
    andrea

Coqui,

We leave for Aruba and Renaissance Island (Staying at Ocean Suites) this Friday, July 18th. We have bought and will pack blow up floats. Since you are now there, any other suggestions?

We look forward to getting on the island this Saturday morning.

Mel

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Nope, thats all you need is the swim rings.....hang in, sit in....you need nothing more...