Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Renaissance Marriott and Renaissance Island

Smile Renaissance Marriott and Renaissance Island

Staying at Renaissance Ocean Suites. Besides transportation to the private Island, does it include any amenities or activities already? Or does EVERYTHING cost extra?

Should we bring our own snorkel kit to Aruba, or just rent it?

Will public transportation to various parts of the island be a hassle? What is best way to get to that hotel from the airport?

One week until we're on our way from Colorado to Aruba!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by teresalco View Post
    Staying at Renaissance Ocean Suites. Besides transportation to the private Island, does it include any amenities or activities already? Or does EVERYTHING cost extra? Not sure what else you need, but if you are talking mats to rent, kyaks, etc all cost. I highly suggest you bring your own tubes. If you want to fish off the island bring your own rod.

Should we bring our own snorkel kit to Aruba, or just rent it? Depends what you're gona do with it...if you plan to swim around the private island just bring your own. If you are going to do a snorkel cruise they supply all the equipment. I would however suggest you bring your own snorkel tube. those flippers take a lot of space in a suitcase.

Will public transportation to various parts of the island be a hassle? What is best way to get to that hotel from the airport? Take a cab from the airport, its easier, though, now that I think of it the Renn would be the first stop, so it might work out. Pickup can also be arranged with a forum member here, bullytaxi79 @hotmail.com .

One week until we're on our way from Colorado to Aruba!
    We have traveled 14 times to the Renn over the past years and own there. Any more questions ask away.

I have been looking into the AI here and am a little confused. I will pm to clear things up hopefully ! : )

Are there any restrictions with food/drink with the AI package? I noticed that the menu @ the steakhouse is different, anything else? Are there any classes or different stages of AI? Basically can I eat and drink good food when I want? Even on the island?
    Thank you.

Here's the complete AI plan in details:

http://www.seaporttimeshare.com/Imag...lInclusive.pdf

To purchase your All-Inclusive package please visit the front desk:
    Adults - $110/person/day, kids 13 to 17 - $90/day, kids under 12-free
    (Min. Stay of 5 nights and all parties in room must purchase)

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    We did the IA one time. I kept track of our tickets each day and it was hard, yes, hard to come out ahead. There are too many great places to eat to lock yourself in to an IA. The food at the Renaissance is great but you have to be a "3 meal a day" eater to make it worth your while. We're mostly beer drinkers and the plan limits you to Balashi Beer which definitely is not for me.

Baby Beach, The Beach at Divi Phoenix. The Fontein Caves. Anywhere where my feet are touching sand!

Private Island - Renaissance Marriot Questions!

Ok so we booked our flight and hotel via Priceline to Marriott Renaissance for 5 days in Early June 2012...
    You know the one with the private island. We booked it for two people for 5 nights.
    Well we just added 1 more person to the equation as she had booked her flight separately because she got a special deal as being an employee. So now the question is can we add her to our room when we arrive. We cant do it with priceline and Aruba Renaissance doesnt have a 1800 number. Also will they have an issue with her going to the private island or will that have to be paid for too!?!

Aruba since 1979
    if you are in the renaissance MARINA tower only 2 are allowed per room.
    there is no waivering on this. they hold fast with their occupancy rules
    it is also an adult only resort. you will be given only 2 room key cards.

if you are in the renaissance OCEAN SUITES, the unit will accommodate 4 and you will be given the room key cards for that amount.

admission to the private island is done with your room key card. it is inserted in the little thing at the boat dock, lights green and you are on.

Quote Originally Posted by ellejeanelle View Post
    Ok so we booked our flight and hotel via Priceline to Marriott Renaissance for 5 days in Early June 2012...
    You know the one with the private island. We booked it for two people for 5 nights.
    Well we just added 1 more person to the equation as she had booked her flight separately because she got a special deal as being an employee. So now the question is can we add her to our room when we arrive. We cant do it with priceline and Aruba Renaissance doesnt have a 1800 number. Also will they have an issue with her going to the private island or will that have to be paid for too!?!

Baby Beach, The Beach at Divi Phoenix. The Fontein Caves. Anywhere where my feet are touching sand!

Thanks Andrea! I upgraded! But one more question!

Thanks so much for that info. Today I called the front desk and the nicest manager answered and upgraded our room to the Renaissance Mariott ocean front rooms (max occupancy of 4) for an extra $69.00 a night. Oh well. Gotta do what ya gotta do! She also stated that there is no incidental deposit unless you want a line of credit. We will be declining that. We will just pay as we go.

But now I have a question
    How much do you cab fare from the airport to the hotel will be? The map says its .39 miles. We are all packing light with rollaways, can we walk there?

Seriously thanks for this info!

Aruba since 1979
    you are most welcome
    NEW TAXI rates effective Sept 1 2009
    click link for thread on taxi fares. there is a chart.
    the fare is $18 from airport to downtown with an upcharge for sundays and very late night

the mileage from airport to renaissance is about 2 miles
    not really walkable...

you will need a credit card for deposit on the room, i think that is pretty standard and if you are not responsible for any room tax (already included in your priceline?) and make no room charges such as bar bill or dining your folio will be $0 and no charges to your credit card.

the manager may have led you to believe they are all oceanfront rooms but they are not. some are pool and ocean view, some are ocean front and some are parking lot or city view. all though are nice and it is an easy resort to maneuver about.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-24-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast