Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance private island

Renaissance private island

If you are staying at any of the Marriott resorts, can you go to the private island? Will they charge you or can you go free? Is it worth it for a day trip??
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

You may only go for free if you're staying at Renaissance Oceanside or the Renaissance Marina Hotel. All others are $75 a pop.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~

that seems rather expensive and not really worth it??
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ah Randi, I guess you haven't been there....Well, first, no line, no rushing for a chair, safe, peaceful, wonderful staff, quiet, all the amenities you could ask for...tennis court, workout room, showers, kayaks, paddle boats, floats, restaurant,bar, nice boat ride, 2 beaches, one for families, other European, hammocks, nature walk, beach towels, volleyball,gift shop, cool towels at dearture to wipe down with, fishing, birds....Yes, 75.00 is worth it. Oh yes, you can only go over if hotel is not at 90% capacity....We own there and wouldn' have it any other way. I think you get lunch and a drink for the price. ALso,for a fee you can rent the private hut and have a waiter for the day and have a massage...

I have never been there , but I have only heard great comments!! I really need to expand myself and give it a try!!

I thought it was nice when we stayed there. Wouldn't pay for it though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone has their own opinion, ours is that it is much nicer than Eagle or Palm Beach.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Its something to consider but when you are 4 people it can be a bit pricer. However, if it includes lunch then that may be more "worth it". I was thinking that Christmas and Boxing Day are so busy on the beach (as everything is closed) that this might be a good day for an excursion? Any comments on how busy Renaissance island is on those two days?

We have never, ever, had a problem with overcrowding on Renaissance Island, and have been going annually since 1997-98. We've been there New Year's Day once and 2 or 3 times on Easter Sunday.

Granted, we usually get to the beach around 9:30-10:00, but I never remember seeing someone looking for a lounge chair and not being able to find one even later in the morning or afternoon.

There has never been a line to get into the restaurant either. Granted, service is at a typical "Aruba pace" (which, if you truly love Aruba, is just fine), but at least you get a table right away. If you walk up to the bar, service is fast.

The only crowding problem can be getting on a boat to the Island at 10:00-11:30, or returning late afternoon. You may miss the fist one due to the number of passengers allowed. If you leave late morning, recommend leaving from Marina Tower versus the Suites.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I know this is going to be a dumb question, but is this island the same as De Palm island? The amenities sound similar, but I have heard negative things about De Palm (dead reef, watery drinks, etc).
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast