Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Renaissance private island

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Don't know about the drink, though they do make good ones on the island..the frozen kind.
    Lunch on the island is good. Nice wraps, burgers, huge hot dogs, chicken etc. Nice appetizers. Beautiful place, shouldn't be overlooked. Might convince you to stay sometime after yo visit it. The staff know us by name and come running over to welcome us...

Private Island

You can have the frozen liquor drinks as well.

When my ex and I used to go to Aruba, we always stayed at the Renaissance (back in the Sonesta days). Week 10 used to be ours. Loved the island. It really felt like you were in a whole different world.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Were are you staying this trip? We'll be at Renaissance ..red sox flag hanging from balconey facing pool...can't miss us if u are there

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Were are you staying this trip? We'll be at Renaissance ..red sox flag hanging from balconey facing pool...can't miss us if u are there
    Staying at The Aruba Beach Club. Have fun (I know - goes without saying)

Reefs and Snorkeling

Is there a good reef that can be walked/swum to easily from the private island? We're staying here this summer for me senior trip and I'd really like to find a place to snorkel over a pretty reef where I don't have to pack up and take a vehicle somewhere and be on somebody else's time while I snorkel. I'm hoping there is a live, nice reef off shore of this private island that I can access?

Aruba since 1979
    it is barely adequate as far as bright, plentiful and colorful fish.

if you swim out to the seawall.....maybe about 200 yds from the beach , that is where the snorkeling is .

there is also some snorkeling in the area in the mangroves, which has some very pretty parrot fish. while snorkeling in that area though we were hit with a falling iguana, so i do not think we'd go in that area again.

the reef is non existant.
    it is a man made sea wall.

my husband and i find the whole snorkel experiences at ren island just mediocre, BUT we do it nonetheless and are happy there instead of having to schlep elsewhere.

*** note **** beyond the seawall there is a sunken plane that has created an artificial reef with much sea life. each time we wanted to go beyond the seawall, the water was too rough and waves too big. it is treacherous out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlevett View Post
    Is there a good reef that can be walked/swum to easily from the private island? We're staying here this summer for me senior trip and I'd really like to find a place to snorkel over a pretty reef where I don't have to pack up and take a vehicle somewhere and be on somebody else's time while I snorkel. I'm hoping there is a live, nice reef off shore of this private island that I can access?

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up Snorkeling at the Private Island

I love to snorkel inside the walls of safety at the Renaissance Island. You never know what you are going to see! Have been going there for seven years! The Parrot fish are enormous! And we have seen all kinds of sea life including an encounter with a king sized barracuda that did not have a taste for my ring. LOL I have the picture of him , so be sure to take an underwater camera.

Please do not go snorkeling outside of the wall. It is not safe out there!!! The water is too deep and too rough.

Enjoy the adventure,
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123