Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance private island

druif beach ,struisvogelboerderij,butterfly farm, het strand

Visit The Renaissance Island

Hello ,
    Is it possible to visit the island if you stay in a other hotel and so yes if we can how much must we pay then

Greetz Thomas

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Yes you can, depending if the occupancy of The Renaissance Marina Resort & Ocean Suites hotels are not high. The cost is $75. per person which includes lunch and use of water mat. The private island is beautiful but IMHO is not worth the price.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    IMOP the $$ is worth every penny. You get a mat, lunch and a drink, don't have to put up with finding a chair close to the beach, you can use the tennis courts, the work out room, you get a boat ride over and back...we're owners at the Rennaissance and its heaven there !!!

It's worth it! You figure $75 per person, lunch, drink, and tip will be about $20 bucks then another $5 they charge for the mat. So you are really only paying $50 per person for use of the island. Besides what Cindy mentioned you can fish of the docks or flyfish the flats down the nature trail going towards the north. You can also snorkel and scuba dive here as well and rent a kayak or paddleboat.

The island is the best. Coming back after 1 year off. Miss the island, people and just the beauty of it.

Is there any discount for marriott platinum premier members to go Im staying at the ocean club in june. First time in aruba so am still a newbie. Still time to change my reservation to ren. Would anyone reccomend that?

Quote Originally Posted by leonen154 View Post
    Is there any discount for marriott platinum premier members to go Im staying at the ocean club in june. First time in aruba so am still a newbie. Still time to change my reservation to ren. Would anyone reccomend that?
    Maybe the rooms are better at Ocean Club....but Renaissance has better beach/pool. My opinion....I don't go to Aruba to sit in my room.

Of course...if you read the string below, I'm supposed to say the Private Island is awful....because we're afraid that it may become too popular!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Having never been to the private island, we would consider trying it for a day. For your $75 what kind of lunch do you get? Also, you do refer to "mat" what is that exactly?

Does anyone have any pictures to see what its like??
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi, I've posted tons of asst pics in the gallery of the island along with the boat you would take over.
    You must make arangements with the concierge at the Rennaissance.
    The mat I talk about is one of those heavy foam things that you can lay on.
    I don't know what you get for the food for 75.00....
    The private island is what makes the Renn so special. No one can stroll around there without being a registered hotel guest.
    Try it...I KNOW you will like it. cindyo

ok, I might be stupid but where do I find the gallery?
    Also, the mat, is that instead of a chair?

Thanks for the information.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast