Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Renaissance private island

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    leonen54...here's my take on your question...my answer is obvious as we are owners at Rennaissance....
    The island is gorgeous. There are gazillion chairs, no hassle, no wait. Total and simple peace. You get a red floaty mat. You can swing in 10+ hammocks. You can rent a paddle boat. You can play tennis, use the workout hut. You can go on a nature walk. You can feed the flamingos. You can dive off the dock..You can eat lunch on the island. You get a great boat ride over. There's a red sail sports shop there that also offers skin diving lessons. Lunch and drinks are delivered to your chair.
    Wether you decide to go or not is obviously your choice, but imop, its worth seeing and enjoying. As an owner I highly recommend it...
    Also FYI...Timba land had his wedding there a few months ago...
    cindyo
    Last edited by cindyo; 01-22-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Don't forget my favorite thing: get a massage. We stay at the Surf Club but we always arrange a massage through Okeanos spa which includes use of the island. One thing I learned: flamingos seem to like french fries. I can't imagine that it's good for them but they sure do like to beg off people while they eat lunch. We kept trying to get a picture of the flamingos one year and they would have nothing to do with my husband. As soon as he walked away to wash off his feet, they all flocked around me. Not just a couple, but a lot of them. So I joke with my husband that the flamingos love me.

thanks cindy i am going at the end of june for 7 days. do you know what kind of lunch you get, how long of a boat ride is it? My girlfriend wants to sit in a hammock and drink Pina Colada's lol do they have them at the ocean club also or only at the ren?

Hi leonen154,
    Concerning the private island...the boat ride lasts 10 minutes, holds about 50 people, and leaves every 15-20 minutes. The lunch I think comes right off the menu at the restaurant( they only serve lunch type things), and you get a red float. ALso on the island is a nature trail , tennis courts, adult beach, flamingos, great hammocks....ah, its the best ! cindy

We are owners at the Ren. and I am glad to see so many bad reports about our island. You can keep getting up at 4am to save a palapa, maybe, or do what friends of ours do. They take turns sleeping on the beach to get one for the day. Doesn't sound like fun to me. Our island is never overcrowded. Plenty of chairs. full restaurant, great food, and yes they sometime have a fly problem at the restaurant which is outside. Not always but can be problematic sometimes. That's why when it is a problem we have it brought to us on the beach. A great solution. Also yes there are some rocks getting in the water, but also one can wear water shoes or walk in by being careful where to walk. I love to snorkel and there is a breakwater which has great snorkeling or I can go over the breakwater to a reef which is just outside the breakwater for some spectacular snorkeling. The gym is small, but adequate, Tennis court is hot and rarely used. Walking trails can also be hot but you will find several little hidden away beaches that are really nice. I can have a massage out in a secluded place over the water where I can take a dip once in a while. Yes you can get wet on the boat going and coming, if you don't sit under the boat canopy. DUH your going to the beach.

So please stay away up on Palm beach with the rich and famous. We po folk will hunker down here on this nasty island.

Quote Originally Posted by opadaking View Post
    We are owners at the Ren. and I am glad to see so many bad reports about our island. You can keep getting up at 4am to save a palapa, maybe, or do what friends of ours do. They take turns sleeping on the beach to get one for the day.
    So please stay away up on Palm beach with the rich and famous. We po folk will hunker down here on this nasty island.

Sounds somewhat sarcastic and has a bit of a tone?

Randi (from Palm beach and not so rich or famous!)
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    i totally agree with mark and qlaval...stay away from the private island. You end up getting sprayed on the boat, your sunglasses get coated with the spray, they took the birds away, you sink in the hammocks and can't get out, you get to sweaty at the tennis courts and the work out hut, the dove ice cream bars melt to fast, the beer buckets ice melts to fast..as you can see its not worth going over...cindyo...a rennaissance owner and lover..

lol:d

Heh Stay at the renaissance all you need is your room key to go to the Island. Can anyone tell me if they addressed the Fly problem at the island resturant. I love the island but when you have lunch you have to fan the flies away as your trying to eat. It was that way last year. I am an owner.
    and a 25 year Aruba lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Sounds somewhat sarcastic and has a bit of a tone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

Randi (from Palm beach and not so rich or famous!)

I agree, my thoughts exactly.......cindyo.

Quote Originally Posted by lindabeggs View Post
    Heh Stay at the renaissance all you need is your room key to go to the Island. Can anyone tell me if they addressed the Fly problem at the island resturant. I love the island but when you have lunch you have to fan the flies away as your trying to eat. It was that way last year. I am an owner.
    and a 25 year Aruba lover.
    We eat on the beach, and Jorges waits on us, so I couldn't answer that one. Try that....cindyo owner also...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234