Aruba Beach

Thread: Renaissance and the private island - what is the noise level really like?

Renaissance and the private island - what is the noise level really like?

We have tentative reservations at the Renaissance and I can't decide if it's a good decision or not. Have never been to Aruba before.

Like the idea of being able to walk around downtown and the ease of getting in and out from the airport - it is a quick trip.

But am concerned about proximity to airport noise and other noise. How noisy is this general area, the noise from ocean view rooms at the Renaissance, and on the private island?

I'm not that picky but my husband doesn't care for airplane noise. I don't care for dance music played on loudspeakers at pools.

If not the Renaissance, where should we look? We want a nice hotel experience but the rates I'm currently seeing at the big hotels in the resort area are out of reach - 500-700/night?!? Is that normal? (Travel late February)

Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

re: the renaissance
    are you speaking of the ocean suites or the marina tower

yes one does hear airplane noise at the ocean suites and at renaissance island.
    the marina tower, not so much

we have stayed numerous times at the ocean suites and the noise has never been an issue

at the island, we do enjoying watching the planes come in and land

however, if the airplane noise is a dealbreaker for your husband, you may want to look elsewhere

we love the renaissance ocean suites and the marina hotel

as they say...different strokes

you may want to consider renting a timeshare...although very slim pickings at this late date for february.

check redweek.com

Quote Originally Posted by travelove View Post
    We have tentative reservations at the Renaissance and I can't decide if it's a good decision or not. Have never been to Aruba before.

Like the idea of being able to walk around downtown and the ease of getting in and out from the airport - it is a quick trip.

But am concerned about proximity to airport noise and other noise. How noisy is this general area, the noise from ocean view rooms at the Renaissance, and on the private island?

I'm not that picky but my husband doesn't care for airplane noise. I don't care for dance music played on loudspeakers at pools.

If not the Renaissance, where should we look? We want a nice hotel experience but the rates I'm currently seeing at the big hotels in the resort area are out of reach - 500-700/night?!? Is that normal? (Travel late February)

Thank you!

Thank you! We're currently booked at the marina hotel but I wasn't sure which hotel might be better for us. We're not traveling with children but we don't mind them - don't need to be on the "adults only" side. Does one building offer better views in the "ocean view" category? Any other pluses or minuses based on building?

Aruba since 1979
    the marina tower has a view of the marina as well as some ocean.
    the marina tower also has downtown views, which are not as attractive (imo) but certainly not dreadful.

the ocean suites have pool views, pool views with ocean views and parking lot, cruise port and downtown views.

the marina tower hotel is adult only

the ocean suites is anybody/any age

the renaisance island has adult side on the north and any age on the south.
    we prefer the any age area.

Quote Originally Posted by travelove View Post
    Thank you! We're currently booked at the marina hotel but I wasn't sure which hotel might be better for us. We're not traveling with children but we don't mind them - don't need to be on the "adults only" side. Does one building offer better views in the "ocean view" category? Any other pluses or minuses based on building?