Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Renaissance recommendation

Renaissance recommendation

Hi- I am looking to book the Renaissance for a week - or maybe just a few days - for the next trip with my husband. We have never stayed there before. Wanted to get your advice on where to stay in the resort - I understand there are different areas? We would love a swim up bar and don't mind a little activity- but not too rowdy. What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Penny

Aruba since 1979
    Renaissance Marina Tower (adult only)
    or
    Renaissance Ocean Suites

?

I am leaning toward the Ocean Suites, but am open to suggestions. Looking for pros and cons?

Aruba since 1979
    we have stayed at the ocean suite numerous times.
    it is a nice resort and was renovated a few years ago.
    the pool area and the landscaping is beautiful.
    the units themselves are ok.
    the bedroom is a king bed and the living room has a pull out sleep sofa and there is a kitchenette of sorts.
    in the timeshare units, there are 2 dorm sized refrigerators and a cook top, microwave, some basic kitchen necessities etc.
    in the hotel units (there are timeshare and hotel units) there is at least one dorm sized refrigerator..i do not think there are 2.
    there is a mocrowave and a coffee maker in the hotel units.

the pools are lovely and one of them has a swim up bar.

there is plenty of shade seating/lounging around the pool area.

there is a man made beach and lagoon and that is indeed swimable and very pleasant.
    much seating/lounging there with plenty of shade.

the shuttle to the private island is about a 5 minute walk away from the ocean suites and the island has 2 beaches, a restaurant/bar , and a gift shop.
    it is very nice.

the marina hotel, is adults only, are basic hotel rooms, there is a pool and it is located directly across from the marina and parking lot.

the amnenities of ocean sites and marina are shared.

free wifi at both

Quote Originally Posted by roak4ever View Post
    I am leaning toward the Ocean Suites, but am open to suggestions. Looking for pros and cons?

Thank you, Andrea! Looks like the Ocean Suites might be the way to go for us. We usually stay down at the Divi Phoenix or the Marriott Surf, so hoping we can find enough to do at the Renaissance without a rental car.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    You will be happy with the Ren Ocean Suites. Here's are some pictures I took a few weeks ago of the room, pool, and island. Click on a picture to enlarge. On top of the enlarged picture there is an arrow to go to the next picture. www.renaissancearuba.shutterfly.com

Thanks for sharing your pictures Liz! Is that room a standard hotel room or a timeshare room?
    We are very excited to check out the private island and hopefully see the flamingos.

Does the hotel offer any night entertainment? One thing we love about staying on Palm Beach is being able to walk and listen to the live bands and people watch. Is the hotel lively in the evening at all?

Thanks again for for all your help!

Penny

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roak4ever View Post
    Thanks for sharing your pictures Liz! Is that room a standard hotel room or a timeshare room?
    We are very excited to check out the private island and hopefully see the flamingos.

Does the hotel offer any night entertainment? One thing we love about staying on Palm Beach is being able to walk and listen to the live bands and people watch. Is the hotel lively in the evening at all?

Thanks again for for all your help!

Penny
    The pictures of the rooms are the timeshare room at the Ocean Suites which has the separate bedroom, living room and kitchen area in the hallway. The rooms at the Marina Resort are just a bedroom which are not large. Andrea may know more as she has stayed at the Ocean Suites more but when I have stayed at the Suites there was no entertainment. Right next door at the Seaport they do have nightly music at the bandstand.

Aruba since 1979
    0 entertainment @ the ocean suites in the evening

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    The pictures of the rooms are the timeshare room at the Ocean Suites which has the separate bedroom, living room and kitchen area in the hallway. The rooms at the Marina Resort are just a bedroom which are not large. Andrea may know more as she has stayed at the Ocean Suites more but when I have stayed at the Suites there was no entertainment. Right next door at the Seaport they do have nightly music at the bandstand.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We enjoy the nightly music on the bandstand at Seaport, right in front of Casa Tua. Some of them are very good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast