Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Renaissance recommendation

Hatteras, I think you're probably right and the names were confused. I can see if you were staying at the Marina side you might not realize the amenities at Ocean Suites. We enjoy a few nights Downtown, usually at the end of our trip. It's nice to be so close to the airport when it's time to head home.

No, I did not have them confused. We were at the Ocean Suites. I just didn't want them disappointed like we were. It is just my opinion, but the lagoon just doesn't compare to actual ocean access. The new pool area is nice, but we have never used the pools while staying in the Caribbean. My point was that if you are a SC or OC fan (because it suits you) you will be disappointed. It isn't in the same ballpark. Sorry to stir things up with my opinion, just sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Here's a photo
    Thanks Peg- that looks beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    every opinion is respected.

the private island is accessible by the shuttle boat, but the lagoon on the ocean suites campus is pretty nice, calm and we have spent numerous hours there floating and enjoying the quiet.

also too, the 2 pools have been redone and are quite nice.

being out there in the gardens/pool area with the lagoon off in the distance is very calming and quite pretty.

i do agree that the ocean suites may not be as luxurious/upscale at the marriott surf, but by no means is it even close to being mediocre.

we were there, just for a day 4 weeks ago , a day visit from a cruise.
    the downtown was busy.
    there were 2 ships in town.
    the cruise visitors play very little into the "dinner restaurant crowds" because many/most will go back on board for dinner.
    however it is busy at lunchtime.
    dinner not so much.

peg's picture is perfect!

Thanks Andrea - we aren't too concerned with upscale - as long as it is comfortable and clean! We will be in Aruba, so can't complain - I would sleep in a tent if I had to! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    No, I did not have them confused. We were at the Ocean Suites. I just didn't want them disappointed like we were. It is just my opinion, but the lagoon just doesn't compare to actual ocean access. The new pool area is nice, but we have never used the pools while staying in the Caribbean. My point was that if you are a SC or OC fan (because it suits you) you will be disappointed. It isn't in the same ballpark. Sorry to stir things up with my opinion, just sharing...
    Thanks Sidefly! I appreciate your opinion too - always good to see different takes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    Honestly, I didn't think you were stirring things up. I respect your opinion and can agree that the lagoon isn't like, say Eagle beach. However, saying there is no access doesn't give an accurate picture.

So happy everyone is able to respectfully share opinions here Good job friends
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    As a person who has stayed at both the Renaissance ocean suites and the Marriott ocean club I would definitely go with the Renaissance. My wife and I love the fact that at night you can walk around without a zillion people around. There are enough restaurants so that you have a nice amount to choose from. The view at night of the marina or the cruise ships is breathtaking. Also in my opinion the private island has the best beachs around. You can actually get a palapa and if you go over early there's not much of a crowd. The ocean suites room is a nice size room and you won't be disappointed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123