Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Renaissance ?s

Smile

Marriott Corporation has the management contract; they do not own the building or the units. They manage most of the staff and all the food and retail space. Prior to being a Renaissance it was a Sonesta. Not being a Marriott Vacation Club means lower maintenance fees

Quote Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
    This feel stupid to ask but can somebody explain the Renaissance to me or is there an in depth description somewhere? And bonus points to anyone that can find me a resort map that works. I cannot figure out the sections and what areas are adult only. We own at the surf club but I would not mind one day staying a couple extra nights at the Renaissance. Thanks

So if the Renaissance is a timeshare, why is it not part of Marriott Vacation Club?

Hi Andrea. Question for you--I'm not sure what building 1 vs. building 2 are. I've always seen the two referred to as left wing (end units face the garden/airport off in the distance) and right wing (end units directly face the ocean). Can you please clarify what you mean by building 2? Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The only inconvenience so far is the parking lot on building 2 side....there are approx 20 parking spaces lost due to the equipment and dumpsters

floors 4 and 5 in wing 2 closed and being worked on as I type. We can hear the hammering of bathroom destruction.

Aruba since 1979
    bldg/wing 2 is the side where those end units that you mentioned face the ocean.

in May we were in 2125
    bldg 2 1st floor room 25

Thanks! Ok, that's the "right wing" on my map. :-) I have one of the ocean-front units on the 3rd floor in early August. It'll be interesting to see whether it'll be done by then or whether we'll be put somewhere else. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12