Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Renaissance slipping a little?

Is Renaissance slipping a little?

My friends just returned and they brought some good points to my attention that I knew already but since I go every year I really never thought about them too much and since the last time they were there they noticed a big difference. First off let me just say they had a wonderful time that's a given, but said it wasn't the same. They said the rooms looked a little run down, I guess I can agree with that a little. They need to get some new furniture, carpets, and maybe some flat screens to spruce things up a bit. They asked about theme night at the pool, they do not have that any longer which we enjoyed sometimes also if we didn't want to leave the resort. They also missed the sidewalk sale they used to have there on Wednesday nights I believe. One more was the band they had playing there during happy hour for years, they are missed as well. They brought up these points and got me thinking that there has been consistant cutbacks overs the past few years. Even changes on the island, my precious birds are gone! I hope to see some things pick up, perhaps a good kick in the management rear would do the trick.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    My friends just returned and they brought some good points to my attention that I knew already but since I go every year I really never thought about them too much and since the last time they were there they noticed a big difference. First off let me just say they had a wonderful time that's a given, but said it wasn't the same. They said the rooms looked a little run down, I guess I can agree with that a little. They need to get some new furniture, carpets, and maybe some flat screens to spruce things up a bit.Yes, agreed ! They asked about theme night at the poolMark..BBQ nite was on mondays, is it not still on?.., they do not have that any longer which we enjoyed sometimes also if we didn't want to leave the resort. They also missed the sidewalk sale they used to have there on Wednesday nights I believe They got rid of that awhile ago, and have the Bon Bini festival across the street at Fort Zoutman. One more was the band they had playing there during happy hour for years, they are missed as wellYes, we miss that and we also noticed no welcome drinks on Fri arrivals. They brought up these points and got me thinking that there has been consistant cutbacks overs the past few years. Even changes on the island, my precious birds are gone! I hope to see some things pick up, perhaps a good kick in the management rear would do the trick.
    At least we got the 15% discount as timeshare owners, that was a +. I see your points and I agree...

ArubaMark & Cindy O,

ArubaChip here. Again, glad to have met you at the Renaissance in April. I feel like we should be having this discussion around the pool or at the private island!

Even though I know we all love the Ren, I too have noticed the things you mentioned. When I was there in April, I also noticed that housekeeping service was not provided on Sundays and Tuesdays. When I was there last January, Iím pretty sure that housekeeping was provided on all days.

Perhaps these changes are due to the economy, or maybe some of the services are now only during high season?

Anyway, I know these relatively small changes wonít stop our love for the Ren. I canít wait for my trip there next month, July 24-31. I think this will be my fifteenth trip to the Aruba Ren since 2002. Iím as excited about my upcoming trip as I was about my first one! Iím sure you know the feeling.

But it wonít be the same this time without seeing Mark & Doreen as well as the ďOĒ family!

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaChip View Post

Anyway, I know these relatively small changes wonít stop our love for the Ren. I canít wait for my trip there next month, July 24-31.
    Chip...good to hear from you......you need to put your trips on a "ticker" for all to see!

As you can see....we're sneaking in an extra trip in November....when is your next trip following the one in July?

As for the Renaissance....I think, between Mark, Cindy and Chip that all of the major points have been covered. A couple of points, however....the theme nights were never well attended from what I saw, so I'm not surprised that they gave up. The rooms? Well....everything has a life cycle....what's the furniture...5 years old? THe sliders were replaced (that cost a few pennies), and we got all the new beach chairs....and, there was the new roof. Maintenance fees are still reasonable. So, IMOP, could it be better, yes. But I wouldn't want a steep maintenance fee jump either.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Hey Rob I agree I don't want to se an hike in maintenance either. Just seeing some cutbacks....Where or when does it end? Bring back the birds and I'll keep my mouth shut. They can keep theme night and the flea market night. Although I did enjoy the band at happy hour instead of hearing bingo #'s being called out.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaChip View Post
    ArubaMark & Cindy O,

ArubaChip here. Again, glad to have met you at the Renaissance in April. I feel like we should be having this discussion around the pool or at the private island!

Even though I know we all love the Ren, I too have noticed the things you mentioned. When I was there in April, I also noticed that housekeeping service was not provided on Sundays and Tuesdays. When I was there last January, Iím pretty sure that housekeeping was provided on all days.

Perhaps these changes are due to the economy, or maybe some of the services are now only during high season?

Anyway, I know these relatively small changes wonít stop our love for the Ren. I canít wait for my trip there next month, July 24-31. I think this will be my fifteenth trip to the Aruba Ren since 2002. Iím as excited about my upcoming trip as I was about my first one! Iím sure you know the feeling.

But it wonít be the same this time without seeing Mark & Doreen as well as the ďOĒ family!
    ArubaChip,

You will be missed as well. Have a great trip in July and keep us posted.
    Doreen says Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Hey Rob I agree I don't want to se an hike in maintenance either. Just seeing some cutbacks....Where or when does it end? Bring back the birds and I'll keep my mouth shut. They can keep theme night and the flea market night. Although I did enjoy the band at happy hour instead of hearing bingo #'s being called out.
    I too miss the happy hour band, miss the Friday PM rum punch and steel drum player. Would like a new refrigerator.

If they "lose" the flamingoes and hermit crabs, that will be the last straw!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

They need to get some new furniture, carpets, and maybe some flat screens to spruce things up a bit.
    Yes, agreed !
    I agree as well, but from what I've heard the reserve fund is now empty.
    Meaning? No improvments will happen without a Special Assessment fee.
    And because of the economy I was tell they wouldn't do it for the moment...

They asked about theme night at the pool
    BBQ nite was on mondays, is it not still on?.., they do not have that any longer which we enjoyed sometimes also if we didn't want to leave the resort.
    When we went last March they had two, BBQ and Italian nights.
    Both were nice and pretty popular. Maybe they put them on hold because of the unusual low "low season"?

They also missed the sidewalk sale they used to have there on Wednesday nights I believe
    They got rid of that awhile ago, and have the Bon Bini festival across the street at Fort Zoutman.
    I was never aware of that one... But we are only owners since 2004...

One more was the band they had playing there during happy hour for years, they are missed as wellYes, we miss that and we also noticed no welcome drinks on Fri arrivals.
    In March the Cubans musicians from the Latin show were there weekly.
    The single guitar player was there on BBQ night theme.
    And they was music and welcome drinks.
    Last edited by qlaval; 06-18-2009 at 04:50 PM.
    Pierre

Ah yes the rum punch on Friday arrivals you are right! I forgot about that one. Another thing for the list.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up Ahhh the Renaissance

Sorry to say, but when we checked in on Friday of week 14 of 2009, the room was ready and all went well.

Let us be gentle to the Renaissance during this economic crisis. The Marriott/Ren have laid off hundreds of workers this year. Some locals told us they are barely surviving. I was actually trying to help some of them to apply for US citizenship.

Mark and Rob O, next year the first Rum Punch will be on us! Let's fire up my Ipod and will listen to steel drums, I will even bring down some plastic pink flamingos for ambience!

Just say NO to a special assessment and make your own fun!

Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast