Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Renn Marina bound on 12/22/12

Renn Marina bound on 12/22/12

Hi. The wife and I have been to Aruba four times. This will be our first time at The Renaissance Marina Hotel. We absolutely love Palm Beach but we are curious and concerned about staying downtown at this hotel, and what we might discover to be different than staying at the high-rises.

We're looking for friendly and informative advice about this hotel from anyone who has stayed here. I've been looking through the "Hotel" threads here on the website; looking and reading the many threads about the Renaissance Marina hotel. I've seen topics about the water taxi, bathrooms, the guest rooms, shopping and of course the food.

Thanks, Adam

Aruba since 1979
    enjoy
    there are those that will say the rooms are "tired", the baths need updating..... and it is probably true.
    but, the hotel is really a great spot, and the lobby is fantastic and the Blu bar and pool are awesome.
    we have stayed there and liked it a lot.
    then of course they have the perk of the water taxi to the private island.........ENJOY

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Its a totally different vacation downtown vs high risr
    both good
    Win win with the private island and the walkability of great restuarants ie barefoot...Pinchos...lgsmithh steakhouse...driftwood
    Yes it'd tired but the plusses outweight all

Please be sure to write a trip report when you get back. We have stayed at Palm Beach and 2 nights at Eagle beach but I really want to try the Renn and haven't been able to convince my husband yet. The private island looks great.. There are so many restaurants close by that I want to try - specifically Barefoot, Yemanji, and Que Pasa. I am sure you will enjoy!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Thank you for your prompt replies. It was great seeing replies from the senior members. We are still most curious about what the private island entails? Since we are guests of the hotel, how are we treated versus the guests on daily passes? Do we have extra perks?
    Also, I can't seem to find out if there is a hot tub in the marina hotel or private island. Anyone know the answer to that?

Overall, how are the prices of the restaurants of downtown versus being at the high-rises?

Thank you, Adam

Aruba since 1979
    starting with the restaurant pricing question........prices downtown are comparable to those restaurants at the hi rise area. some of the places in the seaport marketplace at places like Cubas Cookin, Hung Paradise and Hopi Bon are imo, a bit lower than what i expected.

ren island.......there are only a few people that come over on day passes. they sell the day passes based on the census of the ren mairna and ren ocean suites. if those 2 are at capacity or near capacity, they do not sell day passes.
    re: day pass buyers..... the different treatment is only that they get a lunch and a beverage or 2 included in their day pass. that is all. guests at the ocean suits or marina get no extra perks as far as i know. they are all entitled to use of the pools at both resorts, room charges for food and beverages, free wifi in lobby, private island and water shuttle/taxi.

no hot tubs/spas/jacuzzi.........at any of the renaissance properties Ocean Suites, Marina Tower or Private Island.

all guests of the 2 renaissance hotels are treated with the usual aruban kindness and hospitality one would expect in aruba

Quote Originally Posted by all2surreal View Post
    Thank you for your prompt replies. It was great seeing replies from the senior members. We are still most curious about what the private island entails? Since we are guests of the hotel, how are we treated versus the guests on daily passes? Do we have extra perks?
    Also, I can't seem to find out if there is a hot tub in the marina hotel or private island. Anyone know the answer to that?

Overall, how are the prices of the restaurants of downtown versus being at the high-rises?

Thank you, Adam

I assume the only way to get the island nowadays is with a spa package?

Aruba since 1979
    or with a day pass which is about $75+, based on availability.
    if you got an Okeanos SPa pkg, did that include the island?
    Quote Originally Posted by wishman35 View Post
    I assume the only way to get the island nowadays is with a spa package?

Hi. As far as what is allowed to be brought over to the private island. What can we bring and not bring? Do they allow us to bring our own beverages and food? Also, how are the accommodations while on the private island? Towels, chairs, floats, etc? W are really intrigued by this private island. It will definitely be a new experience. Thanks, Adam

Aruba since 1979
    no food or beverages allowed to be brought onto the island.
    they are quite strict re: bringing your own food and beverage.
    we were spoken to about bringing 2 nalgene water bottles and was asked to show that we were not bringing any kind of beverage other than water over to the island.
    also too, we had a small soft sided cooler with us to carry ice packs for my husbands sore back. at least 3x we were asked to open our soft sided cooler to show the boat driver that we were not bringing snacks.
    it was pretty embarrassing being asked, but we got over it.

towels and chairs are provided and also there is plenty of shade
    floats are $5 per day

beginning in january, the lounge chairs on the island will be "redone"....there are new lounge kits and the beach staff will begin replacing the seating fabric.

there is a restaurant with a limited menu (salads, burgers, club sandwiches, fries and beverages -soft and alcoholic)

Quote Originally Posted by all2surreal View Post
    Hi. As far as what is allowed to be brought over to the private island. What can we bring and not bring? Do they allow us to bring our own beverages and food? Also, how are the accommodations while on the private island? Towels, chairs, floats, etc? W are really intrigued by this private island. It will definitely be a new experience. Thanks, Adam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast