Aruba Beach
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Tom Mc
  • 4 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 4 Post By Tom Mc

Thread: Renovations at Bucuti & Tara

Renovations at Bucuti & Tara

Just wanted to give an update on the renovations being done at the Bucuti & Tara. Right now there are power washers going that are loud and spraying water in the general vicinity. Some of the walkways around the Tara suites (specifically the one that takes you directly to the towel hut is blocked off with caution tape. The workers have been yelling back and forth all day. They've been wheeling the old furniture back towards lobby all day, pretty much dictating that you step off of the walkway to avoid collisions with them. I know it's one of those necessary things, it's just unfortunate that it's happening now
    Last edited by Tom Mc; 05-04-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Misconstrued sentence

We had wanted to book the Bucuti for a May trip but we're aware they were doing renovations so we booked November instead. Unfortunately, resorts do have to perform renos on occasion. Hopefully, it doesn't interfere too much.

I hope you will be compensated for the disruption, or got a discounted rate? That property is know for peace and tranquility. I'm sorry you are dealing with that.

I was just reading this on TA and Bucuti's owner posted he would offer alternative accommodations for anyone who felt inconvenienced. He also stated that anyone who cancelled, before their arrival, would have their money refunded. It seems that he has taken a proactive approach to making sure people were happy.

Its great that he has posted to address the issue and offer options for anyone who wanted to change their plans. Classy move by a very nice hotel. The owner does not want upset customers and I can appreciate that, some would just want the business now for the cash. Smart business decision by a hotel that prides itself on repeat guests.

I'm having lunch there on Saturday - will be interesting to see what's going on and what the plans are.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I didn't want my initial post to come off as if I was "bashing" the Bucut & Tara. Since the first day when all of the furniture had to be removed from the Tara suites and the bungalows, the traffic from the workers is nonexistent. There still is a little noise around the pool area, but there is nothing that you can do about that as it's not really THAT intrusive. There is MORE than enough room in front of the Bucuti area on the beach where you hear and see nothing. I would never consider going anywhere else when traveling in Aruba, as the class showed by Mr Biemans, and the loving, caring nature exhibited by all employees is second to none.

Thanks for the additional info Glad you are enjoying your time.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Have fun and start a new thread about your adventures- please

Aruba since 1979
    would you could consider going back to your original post and hit EDIT and maybe change/soften the first sentence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mc View Post
    I didn't want my initial post to come off as if I was "bashing" the Bucut & Tara. Since the first day when all of the furniture had to be removed from the Tara suites and the bungalows, the traffic from the workers is nonexistent. There still is a little noise around the pool area, but there is nothing that you can do about that as it's not really THAT intrusive. There is MORE than enough room in front of the Bucuti area on the beach where you hear and see nothing. I would never consider going anywhere else when traveling in Aruba, as the class showed by Mr Biemans, and the loving, caring nature exhibited by all employees is second to none.