Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Requesting Specific Floor at Hotel

Question Requesting Specific Floor at Hotel

We are looking into staying at the Renaissance and was wondering if anyone had any info on requesting a specific floor for our room once we receive our confirmation. I was going to book through CheapCaribbean.com and was choosing an Ocean/Pool View Unit in the Ocean Suites, but would like to know before I book it, if I could call the hotel directly once our trip is confirmed to request a ground floor room? I've tried emailing the hotel already and haven't heard anything back yet.

I am sure that the Renaissance is similar to other timeshare resorts, they give floor and room preference to owners first and then to people that rented from them directly. Hate to say this but I was told by a hotel recently that if you booked from a discount website they put your room allocation request at the bottom of the list.
    I would suggest after you book that you contact the hotel directly as that will certainly help but depending on how full they are, don't be disappointed if your room request isn't honoured.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    if you have skype, the call will be very inexpensive.

the renaissance ocean suites is only partial timeshare.
    2 of the floors are timeshare.......the other 3 , not

i know floor number 5 is timeshare.
    the other floor of timeshare i do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin113 View Post
    We are looking into staying at the Renaissance and was wondering if anyone had any info on requesting a specific floor for our room once we receive our confirmation. I was going to book through CheapCaribbean.com and was choosing an Ocean/Pool View Unit in the Ocean Suites, but would like to know before I book it, if I could call the hotel directly once our trip is confirmed to request a ground floor room? I've tried emailing the hotel already and haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks guys, I am going to call them before I book anything.

Please let us know what they reply. I am curious if they would guarantee a specific floor without a reservation, or even if a reservation is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the renaissance ocean suites is only partial timeshare.
    2 of the floors are timeshare.......the other 3 , not

i know floor number 5 is timeshare.
    the other floor of timeshare i do not know.
    It's the other around...
    Three floors are TS units:1th-3ht-5th floors
    Two floors are hotel units: 2th-4th floors
    Pierre

In the future you should Rent your room from a Timeshare owner, If they own a Pool-ocean Unit you will get a Pool-ocean unit, and if you ask the owner to request a ground floor unit you would probably get one. If it were me I would Request a 5th. floor unit for the view, but some people like to be able to walk right out of their slider to the Pool. Good Luck! Bill

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I am goning to be honest with you and tell you now that I highly doubt you will get a poolside room. Timeshare owners usually have first dibs. Just being honest here....

Thanks for all of the help, and we decided to rent a timeshare from someone that owns on the first floor just so we were guaranteed.

Aruba since 1979
    and kristin.......i bet renting directly from the owner is more economical ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast