Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restaurant Reservations at the Tamarijn

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    wow, who would take swimsuits and swinm shoes???
    Someone who just swam in from a boat from Venezuela who wanted at least something dry to wear.

Believe me, I was naive in thinking these kind of things do not happen. That was until I heard the following story first hand... My friends father was parked in the lot of the supermarket a stone's throw from the Tamarijn. He sees this guy coming out of the water and he approaches a tree in the vacant lot at the south end of the Tam property. Ready and waiting for this guy was a nice bag of dry clothes ready and waiting for him.

should I request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the DDV? I am used to Puerto Vallarta, where we didn't even lock our valuables in the safe! We could leave anything(backpacks,coolers,floats,etc.) on our beach chairs by the pool all day while we swam or walked the beach. we always dried our suits on our balcony overnight...in all the years going there, I never had anything taken..I am way too trusting I guess..we left our $ out, pocketbooks, cameras etc. housekeeping never helped themselves....

I am flying intp Aruba on June 11 (Friday). Would I be ble to get reservations that night to eat at the resturants or will I be eating at the Buffet? I don't mind the time of dinner.
    Thanks
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by kraz41 View Post
    I was wondering if the way to make reservations for dining still the same as in the past? We are staying at the tamarijn. Before we could sign up I believe 3 nights prior to when we wanted to make reservations (like the Red Parrot).
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Aruba since 1979
    there is a good chance that you will be eating at the buffet.
    when checking in, ASK immediately.......at the conscierge.
    if you are told the a'alacarte are full for dining,..............go up to the maitre'd at 5:30 or 6 pm and ask again.
    sometimes there are cancellations or no shows.

If anything, you may be able to get a reservation for 9 pm or 9:30 pm. Last June when we arrived, albeit later in the month, we inquired about reservations and there were none.

Having anticipated this we had already made a reservation via email prior to our arrival at Windows on Aruba www.windowsonaruba.com/. If you like their menu, the $35 pp charge for a 3 course meal is well worth it. We have eaten there twice now and have no complaints.

Thanks Andrea and Arubalisa,
    I was planning on trying Windows at Aruba. Will I have to tell them I am staying at the Tam or is this the normal charge for the 3 course meal? Is this within walking distance?
    I am now trying to get my plans in order since it is less than 10 days away...

Lisa

Lisa

The $35 charge is a special price for guests at the Divi and Tamarijn. DO make sure you tell them when you make the reservation. It is a long walk from the Tamarijn, but the good news is the golf cart shuttles will take you there. Just give yourself some extra time in case there are other stops along the way.

If you wanted to go to the supermarkets and did not fell like walking to the end of the resort you can get a shuttle drive to take you down and drop you off there as well.

thanks so much for all of the information

Lisa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12