Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Aruba4ever

Thread: Ritz Carlton Review 2/14-2/21

Ritz Carlton Review 2/14-2/21

Here is my final review of our stay. As many of you know, I did a daily blog but nobody wants to read all of that if that want a quick review of someones experience- so here is ours.

First a little background. We love going to Aruba, this was our 16th trip to the island. We have stayed at many locations prior to falling in love with the Ritz Carlton, and making this our go to destination when we visit the island. This was our 4th visit to the Island since April and all but one was here at the Ritz, with the exception being over NYE as they were sold out.

This was our first experience with the club level and all I can say is WOW! The ladies and gentlemen working in the club were just terrific. From Jo, who was there to greet us when we checked in, and also there to wish us goodbye when we checked out. Cant wait to see her again in August! Thanks to Pablo who put a smile on my sons face when he was down, and everyone else that we met everyday! Our stay on the club level was so special. They had great personalities and were a pleasure to see each day. They were always looking to see if they could make your trip better, and to be honest it does not get better than staying on the club level at the Ritz Carlton, in Aruba. The views are terrific as well, just a great setup.

As far as the food on the club level, I have one word- amazing! For breakfast there were always eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, breads, and pancakes for kids (they were great) and at least two other warm offerings. They also had every juice you could imagine and mimosas if you choose. Breakfast was great.

For lunch they always had a great choice of small sandwiches, fresh salad, grilled veg, a couple of warm offerings, fresh breads, chips, dip. They also had chicken fingers, pizza, or cheeseburgers and fries available for kids. Beer and wine, as well as mixed drinks were available as well. I really enjoyed lunch every day, nice variety of food choices.They have snacks in the afternoon, water, drinks all day.

Starting at 5pm they have Apps that you could have eaten as a meal! Just amazing options: lobster mac and cheese which was one of the best things ever, to lobster Rav, short ribs, chicken satay, fresh salads, shrimp, bread/rolls etc…just incredible! Desserts are served after 8pm and were great as well.

They have some amazing staff at the Ritz that I miss already.
    Sebastian at the Divi Bar is second to none. His service skills and ability to connect with people is special, and my son adores him like no other. Eddie at the Divi is great as well, just a genuine nice guy that wants the best for his customers. We also had Gwen at Blt. First she is amazing; we had her at Madero last trip. She helped make our experience at BLT special. Our meal was second to none. My wife and I both had the Filet and Lobster special and we both agreed it was the best piece of beef ever! We had Oswaldo at Solanio twice for two fantastic meals. Chef Stanwick took my son into the kitchen after he made his own pizza to watch the Chef put it into the oven. My son just loves making his pizza and getting to “cook” with the chef. Amazing. My son loves Harold who works by the pool and beach.

Harold always took special care of my son, and is always making sure all guests have everything they need and want. Thanks Harold for being around to shoot the breeze for a minute and taking the time to make sure we are always well, especially my son! Julie at the towel hut was always a pleasure to see and talk with, and ensured we got speedy service to get towels and chairs set up. Eric and so many others are so nice and we are so thankful for getting to know them! We look forward to seeing them each and every trip!

The ladies at Ritz Kids are amazing; Maryanne, Ladi and Abigail took incredible care of my son several times this trip. My son spent a good amount of time there last trip and really liked spending time with the ladies, they spoiled him. Not only did they take great care of him but get this: when we were there this summer they took some photos of my son and laminated them to give them to us before we left. We did not connect with them prior to departing but they kept them for 7 months because they knew we were coming back. When Maryanne saw my wife when returned she said, “hold on I have something for you”….A folder of laminated pictures from his previous trip and adventures at Ritz Kids. Amazing! They saved it for us!

I can’t say enough about the staff at the Ritz. They have made each one of our trips special in different ways. The personnel are caring and thoughtful, when we return it’s like seeing good friends, they are amazing and we miss them each time we leave. I can’t wait to renew our vows in Aruba this summer, we already have our trip booked for 10 nights in August on the club level- we are counting down the days.

Aruba since 1979
    Loved it.

thanks so much for taking the time

i am copying this and adding it to hotel category.

Thanks Andrea. I enjoying writing the reports, it allows me to relive the experiences.

Aruba since 1979
    and it allows many of us to live vicariously thru your reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks Andrea. I enjoying writing the reports, it allows me to relive the experiences.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Very nice review Jay.