Aruba Beach

Thread: RIU Oct.10-20th

Question RIU Oct.10-20th

My wife and I will be at The RIU Oct.10-20th for our wedding anniversary and my birthday(48). I'm new to this board. Doing a quick search I have found some negative post regarding The Riu. I'm looking for some positive information about the Riu and any advise some would like to share. This will be our second trip to Aruba. The first time we stayed at the Westin. My wife also bought a nice piece of jewelry downtown at Gemani. She has been very happy with it. Any advise on any other jewelry stores and good places to get a good buy. Thanks for any advise.
    Last edited by final4; 09-06-2008 at 03:31 PM.

I had posted this previously in another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Unfortunately there are not a lot of posts about either of these resorts here on the forum. When you return, regardless of where you stay, please DO come back and tell us all about it. Here are a few posts about the Riu:

Inside the RIU Palace
    Rui all Inclusive or Radisson.
    For jewelry check out
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/gold+palace.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jewelry.html

I also have been concerned about the negative information on Riu and I am going Sept 20-28. But I realize two of my MAJOR concerns (lack of shade and set dinner hrs) I cant do anything about. People have different expectations and when their expectations are not met, they feel they have reason to complain. Sometimes its just a case that they didnt do enough research. I THOUGHT I had researched, but the set dinner times was a surprise.

I guess I'll just have to take a "wait and see" attitude. (There are other hotels I liked, but they are not A.I.)

Like it or not,good reviews or bad,this property is beautifulEnjoy your vacation

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    final4, I would recommend Kay jewelers highly. We use Andy, a nice young man, who always recognizes us the minute we walk in the door. They have a great selection, can resize anything or remake anything quickly. THey aim to please. They also offer beer and cold soda's when you walk in, and sometimes thats all thats needed to cool down. Can you negotiate, yes.
    Again, Andy's our "man"! They are kind of across the street from the Paddock, and have a parking lot in front of them on the main street downtown.

Smile

We stayed at the Riu last Oct right after it's opening. The hotel is very large and compaired to the other hotels, but maybe not as large as marriott City.(as we cal lit) The hotel is very open, as the trees and plants haven't grown in yet. The hotel plus's and minus's are all up to what you want out of your hotel. Small comfortable, large and very open? As far as the hotel ever looking like it fits -matter of opinion as far as we're concerned. Loving ARUBA, having tried many hotels, having likes and dislikes from all of them. It all comes down to what we fell in love with the very first time we visited aruba, it's aruba the people(many of those working at the RUI are not from Aruba), the sun and the exprience of the island itself. A bad dinner in Aruba is better than a bad dinner at home!!
    P.S. The Riu has some shade, but Not alot .You're in Aruba who Cares!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygalli4 View Post
    marriott City.(as we cal lit)
    Marriott City =
    • Marriott Stellaris Resort
    • Aruba Ocean Club (Marriott Vacation Club International)
    • Aruba Surf Club (Marriott Vacation Club International)

our name because it's so big