Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIU Palace

96 days till we go. unless i get super bad new, n i mean like bad, then its on. I would sleep on the beach in reality. It is our honeymoon though so its got to be a little romantic (wink wink).

I stayed at the Riu in 2008 and absolutely love it. I have nothing but good to say about the Riu. In fact, it's the best resort I've stayed in so far in the three trips I've made to Aruba.

Housekeeping was fast and discreet. I even found towel figures on the bed with flower petals almost daily.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info. I like to here as many opinions as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by horse1119 View Post
    No, its not under construction. I just think most people are very unhappy with the appearance and size of the building. Also, this resort does not give you the same experience as the other resorts. It is staff by people from the Dominican Republic. They do not have the same warm and pleasing mannerisims that you find in the Arubans. Also, the building is very bare. No palm trees around the pool, very windy location and very large.

It is beautiful, if you're looking for a Las Vegas type of honeymoon. The food is good and plentiful, but is that all you're looking for?

Mary
    macalh@aol.com
    The people I spoke with never mentioned the opulence, they focused on the fact that RIU chose to not employ Arubans for the construction or in large numbers once that was complete. There are also allegations that labor laws were not observed in order to complete the construction so quickly. Considering how difficult it is for most people to get work and residency paperwork, one has to wonder how RIU was able to justify bringing in so many people for the construction and operation of the hotel. Again, I do not have first hand knowledge of the situation, that is only what I have been told by some of the people that live there.

Chadd,

Thanks for the info. I hope its as hospitable as I here the other places are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12