Aruba Beach

Thread: Romantic, Private Honeymoon locations

Romantic, Private Honeymoon locations

Hi! My fiance and I are getting married April 18, 2015 and our immediate family will be with us for a couple of days after. We want to stay on the island a few days after they leave to celebrate by ourselves, and want to try and find a super romantic, possibly off the beaten path place to stay. Some islands have "overwater bungalows" that offer private accommodations and from what I've read Aruba does not have those. Is there anything similar where we can kind of just be on our own that may be part of a resort?
    Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    many good wishes for your upcoming wedding!!
    i am also going to copy this to the "hotels forum"

no, Aruba does not have those overwater bungalows

a hotel very very popular for honeymooners is the Bucuti

i hope others make lots of suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenKuehl View Post
    Hi! My fiance and I are getting married April 18, 2015 and our immediate family will be with us for a couple of days after. We want to stay on the island a few days after they leave to celebrate by ourselves, and want to try and find a super romantic, possibly off the beaten path place to stay. Some islands have "overwater bungalows" that offer private accommodations and from what I've read Aruba does not have those. Is there anything similar where we can kind of just be on our own that may be part of a resort?
    Thanks!

To get VERY private and romantic, I'd recommend getting a private villa away from the resorts... Your own pool and grounds. We've literally gone days without seeing people. Yes, you have to make your own drinks and food but it's TOTALLY worth it if privacy is your number one want.
    Last edited by act1966; 01-08-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Hi! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum and congratulations!! Where are you staying with the family? Other than off the beaten path what else are you looking for? Does the place need to be right on the beach?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ