Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooms at the Divi

Yes we did the all inclusive plan... now that I have had time to digest having a kitchenette, I am bringing my favorite coffee along with me... at the shops on resort can you buy milk for the rooms or could I just get some from the restaurants?

Kim
    Looking forward to trip #3

Quote Originally Posted by ksw5487 View Post
    Yes we did the all inclusive plan... now that I have had time to digest having a kitchenette, I am bringing my favorite coffee along with me... at the shops on resort can you buy milk for the rooms or could I just get some from the restaurants?

Kim

Hello again.
    There are golf carts that will take you back and fourth from the DIVI AI & the Tam. I have heard they will go to your resort too. Im sure if you ask the front desk they will come get you Most of the resturants are at the Tam. But the Red Parrot is at the Divi, and I find that one to be the best on the All-Inclusive plan. The pools at your resort are pretty nice. And the beach (across the street) is beautiful. I dont remember if they have those little cartons of milk at the breakfast buffet. If they dont ask and you might recieve) Or even ask one of the bartenders. Most of them are very nice and will help you. Have a great time !

I have been reading posts at tripadvisor about the divi and how old the rooms are and they need to be renovated. We are headed there in a few weeks. Should we ask for upgrades and room requests? some of these reporst are scary but we read the same thing about The Grand Mayan in Mexico which turned out to be totally awesome resort.

Don't believe everything you read. I felt the same way before our first trip to the Divi after reading various trip reports. We loved it and are going back for our 3rd trip on the 15th. The rooms are not 5 star with marble bathrooms, etc., but they are clean and comfy. We found the beds comfortable and the bathrooms clean. I have no idea what people are talking about. The food was great - but of course, I'm of the mind-set that if I don't have to cook it and clean up after it, I'm good. The drinks are great and the beach is beautiful. I love the Divi and recommend it all the time.

My opinion is the only people that post on those websites - for the most part - are ones that have something to complain about.

I have photos of a Vista Building room taken at the end of December.
    http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl/divi/divi_vista1.htm

Granite top bathroom counters? No. Clean? Absoulutely.

Modern amenties, comfort and clean room? Absolutely!

makes me feel better, yes some people complain about everything, do they have internet available in the rooms? How does the all inclusive work? Is it optional by the day?
    we prefer to eat at other places since we like to see different places.

I don't know about the internet access in the rooms. The last thing I want to see on vacation is a computer. I think the sister hotel, the Tam, has an internet cafe place.

When you check in, they give you a bracelet. That's all you need - all the food and drinks are free as long as you have that on. You don't even have to show it - the waiters/bartenders just see it. They get to know you pretty quickly too - or maybe I was just at the bar too much?? You can go off resort to eat if you'd like also. I've found the restaurants at the Divi and Tam good, but like I said, I'm not that fussy. The Red Parrot is our favorite, followed by Ginger at the Tam. There is food available all the time..be prepared to gain some weight, but heck, it's vacation!

Relax - enjoy - you won't be sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by danny&lynne View Post
    do they have internet available in the rooms?
    Yes, but quality of the connection is variable. Best connection is usually in the lobby.

There is an internet cafe at the Tamarijn.

How does the all inclusive work?
    http://www.diviaruba.com/restaurants/index.php

What specifically did you want to know? I wrote a very very long description of food and beverage at the resorts at http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/tamarijn-all-inclusive-12-22-1-3-08-food-beverage-service-29880/
    All of the info is current. I would just add that the Tamarijn buffet is now a bit more upscale with linen napkins at lunch and breakfast as well as glass drinkware. Buffet lunch selections have expanded. When we were at the Tamarijn in December we were allowed to make restaurant reservations two nights in advance.

There is a nice variety of restaurants. You can eat at either the Divi or Tamarijn. There is an add on fee for dinner at Windows on Aruba. I highly recommend it for fine dining.

More info at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn%20restaurants.html

Is it optional by the day?
    NO, it is included with the price if you are staying at the Divi All Inclusive Resort. If you are staying at one of the timeshares, then it is optional, and imo, very expensive.

we prefer to eat at other places since we like to see different places.
    We have found that besides taking the opportunity to use the dining option at Windows on Aruba, that with the money we save, there is some $$$ leftover for a couple of very nice dinners outside of the Divi/Tamarijn.

We were not planning on doing the all inclusive, am i right that it is optional? i am self employed so i need my laptop a few times a day, yep i make money on vacation too...

thanks so much..we posted these at the same time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast