Aruba Beach

Thread: Security warning for (Surf Club) owners

Security warning for (Surf Club) owners

Hi,

Here's one of the latest TripAdvisor Surf Club post.
    No need to panick but keep your eyes open.
    Remember that this could happen at any resorts.

“Precautions are necessary”
    September 2008

"Our family reunion gathered for a week of r&r with three villas. The weather as usual was hot and windy.
    The covered pool chair problem continues for those who arrive later than 8:00 am.
    Red Sail Divers provided great service for our group. The south coast dives were great.
    Unfortunately, when leaving our villa door ajar for three minutes when going to an adjacient villa down the hallway,
    some locals ( probably working in concert with Marriott employees doing maintanance work in a neighboring villa)
    entered the villa and left with only a digital camera when my wife confronted them rifling through drawyers.

Security investigated the situation and gave up information that there had been an in-house security problem.
    Front desk employees have made duplicate keys when making card keys upon check in.
    Watch with care when you check-in when keys are made.
    The villas are imaculate kept. Having visited the Surf Club many times with tthe help of winning bids for 2-bedroom
    villas won ebay insures that we will return again.
    Check-in delays are always anoying but over all the trip was great."

that is a shame.....but going on vacation anywhere you still have to maintain some precautions....leaving the door open..anywhere...is asking for trouble. It could be from the employees or other tourists,,,,,You must be cogniscent of your surroundings at all times and not do "dumb" things that could result in you loosing your possessions while on vacation...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks for the tip on watching when your keys are made. Never thought of that one. Also agree that you can not leave anything unlock in this world today. Sad but True.

Just thought i'd pass the info I got from another board. If you want to know which board (don't know if i'm allowed so say) - PM me!

Have a great (and safe) weekend

Lizzardo

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    Just thought i'd pass the info I got from another board. If you want to know which board (don't know if i'm allowed so say) - PM me!
    Hi,

Here's one of the latest TripAdvisor Surf Club post.
    No need to panick but keep your eyes open.
    Remember that this could happen at any resorts.
    The cat is already out of the bag.

Have a great (and safe) weekend

Lizzardo
    Guilty...
    I was the original poster but didn't find the time to post it on all Aruba boards...
    Liz you did it before me...
    Will do better next time I swear...

no problemo qval! Just happened to have a little time that day!
    BTW - Just for those worried about the weather here. The winds are back and it's just so wonderful!!! Satelite weather looks good too!