Aruba Beach

Thread: Shows at the Divi / Tam ?

Druif Beach, Casibari, Guadirikiri Cave, and Boca Catalina

Question Shows at the Divi / Tam ?

Hi, We're staying at the Tamarijn in July and are definitely interested in seeing some of the shows. My main question is: where exactly do you see the shows? Do you need to have dinner reservations at a particular place or are they in some common area that is more accessible to everyone? I assume that the shows at the Divi are the same, just performed on alternate days. Is that correct? Is there a particular show that is recommended?

I also read about the Bon Bini Festival on Tuesday nights and the St. Teresita Center Caribbean Festival on Thursdays -- are they worth it if we'd be seeing shows on the resort?

I really do appreciate all of the info that this forum provides. I don't want to "overplan" but I also want to make sure I don't find out that I missed something spectacular after I'm back in NJ!

Aruba since 1979
    Shows at the resorts

check the above link.
    yes the show at the tamarijn is the same as the one at the divi ai.
    yes correct, different days.

check at the concierge desk when you arrive at the tamarijn and they will be able to give you location, time and if reservations are required. the location is near the tamarijn's pool/buffet restaurant.

i have never been to either festival on tues or thursday so i cannot comment. folks that i know that have gone to the bon bini festival, enjoyed it lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Mom_13 View Post
    Hi, We're staying at the Tamarijn in July and are definitely interested in seeing some of the shows. My main question is: where exactly do you see the shows? Do you need to have dinner reservations at a particular place or are they in some common area that is more accessible to everyone? I assume that the shows at the Divi are the same, just performed on alternate days. Is that correct? Is there a particular show that is recommended?

I also read about the Bon Bini Festival on Tuesday nights and the St. Teresita Center Caribbean Festival on Thursdays -- are they worth it if we'd be seeing shows on the resort?

I really do appreciate all of the info that this forum provides. I don't want to "overplan" but I also want to make sure I don't find out that I missed something spectacular after I'm back in NJ!

Tamarijn, Donkey Sanctuary, Ocean, Bunker Bar!
    The shows at the Tam are in the outdoor Buffet area or around the main pool. There is usually some musical entertainment (Mariachi, Steelband, Easy Listening) near the buffet around 7:00-7:30 for those dining at the buffet or hanging out at the bar, and then the bigger shows are around 8:30-9:00pm after most of the diners have cleared out. It's always been hit or miss with us as we prefer to eat later and sometimes miss-out, but if we have to choose between late lazy afternoons at the pool and Bunker Bar/Pizza Per Tutti as opposed to eating early and seeing the shows, the former usually wins out. However, our girls (10 & 13) REALLY enjoyed the synchronized waterballet show, (Wednesday 8:30pm), last year so I'm sure we will eat early that night so we don't miss it. The Carnival Dance Show (Tuesday 9:00pm) is also a good one to see, lots of outrageous costumes and they involve the guests which our girls love too.

Movies on the beach are fun too, just depends on what they are showing. This is right outside the gym building at the Tam, (near the 1100 building). The kids movie night is early (Thursday 7:30) but on the adult night it's a little bit later (Friday 8:30pm).

We haven't been to the shows at the Divi so I'm not familiar with their set-up.

Hope that helps! Looking forward to meeting up with you at the Tam!
    Next Aruba trip in

Excellent information, thanks! We had planned to try to get off the resort a bit to see the rest of the island, but I can imagine the Tam keeping us busy enough to want to stay! We have the National Park caves/boulders and Baby Beach on our "list", but a few things have been tentatively crossed off. We don't want to plan too much for our first trip to Aruba. Can't wait!

Happy mom, from reading your posts, you decided to rent a car for your entire stay? I have to be honest, if you keep crossing things off your list, renting a car for the entire stay is not going to be worth the expense.

Maybe pick up a car at the airport and do all of your running around the first couple of days and turn it in.

Or relax on the beach your first few days and then rent a car for say three days and do your running around then leaving a day or two at the end of your vacation for your final beach time.

If you are shoppers, and like to walk you can pretty easily walk to downtown Oranjestad or take the Tamarijn's bicycles or even the bus.

For culture, the Carnival show at the resort, whether you catch it at the Tamarijn or Divi is going to be one of the highlights. The other resort shows are just icing on the cake.

I just hate to see you spend all that money only to see the car sitting in the parking lot day after day.

We rented a car from Budget at the airport for $208 (including tax) for nine total days. If we don't use it much because we're having so much fun at Tamarijn, it won't bother me at all!

I would like to do more than just Baby Beach and the national park. Snorkeling at Boca Catalina might be on the agenda. We'd like to have an "easy" trip to see some fish. My boys are not strong swimmers, so don't want to do anything too difficult/challenging, but I want them to see some colorful fish in their natural element.

The ostrich farm, donkey farm, butterfly farm, walking around Oranjestad, lighthouse, Jolly Pirate, etc. all sound intriguing.

We're hoping to use the bikes at Tamarijn, but we'll have to see how big they are for the kids (esp. the 6 year old), whether there are helmets to use, and where we'd ride compared to the traffic.

No Donkey Sanctuary on your list

Should you decide to go, pick up some carrots and apples at the grocery store (catercorner from the south end of the Tamarijn property). It was a big hit with adults and kids alike in our group last June.

Hours M - F only 9 - 12:30, but cooler in the a.m.

Boca Catalina would be perfect for what you are looking for with the boys. It is a very easy sand beach entry. There is not a sudden "drop off". Even just a nice spot to cool off while driving around.

The last two times we snorkeled here, we saw schools of long fin pompano.

You will see much more north at Catalina Cove, but the rocky entry there makes it more difficult.

If you and your husband are strong swimmers, after testing the currents you can try swimming north a bit. There is an expanse of sea grass, but if you keep your eyes posted, there are a few isolated sections of coral, not really a reef which is further north. On the bottom where you will see some urchins and some other small fish.

There is not a lot to see off of the Tamarijn but in December we were fortunate enough to see some starfish well off the Bunker Bar in the sea grass.

A few more star fish pictures

The Tamarijn has kids, Womens and Mens bikes, but no helmets

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    We had a really cool experience swimming in front of the Tam (about the 3rd building form the end towards town) between 5 and 6pm.
    The long fin pompano's swarmed my dh and I. There were a bunch of them swimming right around us, rubbing against us. I don't remember experiencing that last time we were there but as freaky as it sounds it was really cool! You just have to be still for them to get close. I'm not sure if they were looking for food or what.