Aruba Beach

Thread: Some advice on hotels

Some advice on hotels

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Aruba in late March with a friend. This would be my second visit and her first. I stayed at the Manchebo Beach almost 20 years ago. It was very nice, and I remember getting the meal plan there. I'm confused on where to stay this time around. I've been reading the postings on this site and on TripAdvisor. Would like to try a different place. Definitely would like all inclusive. Was thinking of the Riu, but after reading some of the postings, I'm not liking the idea of getting up at 6:00 AM to reserve a chair/palapa. Why bother going on vacation if you have to do that? I'm also not crazy about there being no shade at their pool. It's not a huge deal but would be nice to have the option of sitting in the shade. Would love some advice on where to stay. Thanks so much.

Sorry to say, shade being at a premium is going to be an issue regardless of where you stay no matter what time of year.

I understand that the Amsterdam Manor has a good number of beach palapas, but if you are looking for a "pool vacation" vs. a "beach vacation" not sure about their pool side shade availability.

The Amsterdam Manor also offers an all inclusive package.

Thanks Lisa. I'm sure with the Riu being in the Palm Beach area, it's a bit more crowded than Eagle Beach. Just don't want to stress about reserving a chair or palapa at 6 AM. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I understand that the Amsterdam Manor has a good number of beach palapas, but if you are looking for a "pool vacation" vs. a "beach vacation" not sure about their pool side shade availability.

The Amsterdam Manor also offers an all inclusive package.
    We stay at Amsterdam Manor every year and use the pool on occasion. Have never had a problem getting an umbrella for shade at the pool. Was just there a few weeks ago and spent one afternoon at the pool....I was the only one there (of course, this was during low season.)
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Thank you Amy!

Rental

I have a 1 Bedroom suite at Renaissance for rent for $1350 for the week which is Fridayto Friday, They have a Great Pool Area as well as a Boat that takes you their private Island which is really Beautiful. I can get you any week you want. Bill

Renaissance Location - first time to Aruba

Hi, we are planning a first time trip to Aruba in mid-January and are considering the Renaissance. However, we are concerned about the location because it seems to be away from the Palm Beach area and restaurants. We are mature adults who enjoy fun, great restaurants, discovering the island, etc. Is there transportation between the Renaissance and Palm Beach area without renting a car. Thanks so much for any help. Bill, tell me about your condo please; however, flights into and out of Aruba is only on a Sunday from our area so a Friday to Friday would not work.

Aruba since 1979
    there IS transportation from downtown (renaissance) to the palm beach area!
    there are taxis
    there are public buses.

the concern is valid but really the transportation options are there and the best part is EASY!

go to the "getting around aruba" category :-)

and.........welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by schectec View Post
    Hi, we are planning a first time trip to Aruba in mid-January and are considering the Renaissance. However, we are concerned about the location because it seems to be away from the Palm Beach area and restaurants. We are mature adults who enjoy fun, great restaurants, discovering the island, etc. Is there transportation between the Renaissance and Palm Beach area without renting a car. Thanks so much for any help. Bill, tell me about your condo please; however, flights into and out of Aruba is only on a Sunday from our area so a Friday to Friday would not work.