Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staying at Occidental for 9 days, how will it work booking resturaunts?

Question Staying at Occidental for 9 days, how will it work booking resturaunts?

We will be staying at Occidental for 9 days. For our timeshare week(7 days) we are going to do the partial AI. Because we are using bonus time for the other 2 days we are required to do the full AI. My question to all the Occidental vacation club owners is, have you ever been in this situation and would we be able to make reservations at the resturaunts? Or would we be only able to do the buffet those two nights?

Thanks in advance.

You can do the buffett but if you want to eat at the other resturants its best to make reservations. I just got back on saturday and it is crowed with a lot of familys now on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post
    You can do the buffett but if you want to eat at the other resturants its best to make reservations. I just got back on saturday and it is crowed with a lot of familys now on vacation.
    Thanks for the reply. When you do the all inclusive I think that you are only allowed to make reservations for the restaurants 4 out of 7 nights. I wondered if they would even allow me to eat at one of the restaurants where we were only have the AI for 2 nights.

I was just wondering if anyone ever found themselves in that situation?

Looks like we are going the same time.
    We arrive on the 11th
    and heading to Busters Garage for the football games.
    Will you be going to see the football games?

We went this week for the last few years. We never made a reservation but didnt go to places like Flying Fishbone or Madam Jeannettes either.

With all the nice places within walking distance of the Occidental-- (I mean right across the street for some places.

why pay the price of the onsite dining places

IM SORRY- its too early in the morning.

You can make reservations for your dining places on the day you check in.

Sometimes you gotta leave the room you are booked in the first 7 days and move for the other 2 days. (room may not be ready until 4pm either)

Just so you are aware- make reservations as soon as you check in.
    do it early in the morning before other people arrive.

Yes will will be there the same time. We get in on Saturday and you arrive on Sunday.
    We are big football fans and we will be in Aruba for the 1st 2 games of the season.
    We are Patriot fans and will be headed somewhere fir the game. Last year in Sept. we were headed to Buster's for the Pat's game against the Jets. We got as far as the lobby and there were 2 nice chairs available in from of the TV next to the bar. We watch from there until the 2nd qtr and a big boom of thunder and no TV. They lost so maybe it was for the best. Saved us from the torture.

I don't expect that they will move our rooms since we traded the 1bedroom 2 bath timeshare for 2 hotel rooms. At least I hope that is the case.... Because we are staying the extra couple of days we had to do the full AI for those days even though we are only doing partial AI for the first 7days. I just feel that if we try and reserve a restaurant on either of those days they will say sorry because it's only 2days full AI it's the buffet for you.

areou renting the time share or do you pay for the time share?

my fear is that since we arrive on Sunday-- all reservations will be gone.
    Joe says they will NOT be gone because we pay out the gazoo for this vacation club and we will get what we were promised-

yeah right.

But its a slow time of the year- I do not expect it to be full/crowded.
    I do have a number to call on Saturday to try my researvations
    (keeping my fingers crossed)

Joe is the football fan. Bleeds green with Eagles fever every year.

He would NEVER allow me to book my vacations during the football season but if I can find a place where he canhave his 4 hours of bliss-- then i can have my vacation.

Place was almost empty last time we were there-- but that was 2 years ago. Guess people are finding the place now

trebor, you should not have any trouble booking dinner at the resort for those 2 day's!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    areou renting the time share or do you pay for the time share?

my fear is that since we arrive on Sunday-- all reservations will be gone.
    Joe says they will NOT be gone because we pay out the gazoo for this vacation club and we will get what we were promised-

yeah right.

But its a slow time of the year- I do not expect it to be full/crowded.
    I do have a number to call on Saturday to try my researvations
    (keeping my fingers crossedJoe is the football fan. Bleeds green with Eagles fever every year.

He would NEVER allow me to book my vacations during the football season but if I can find a place where he canhave his 4 hours of bliss-- then i can have my vacation.

Place was almost empty last time we were there-- but that was 2 years ago. Guess people are finding the place now
    We own the timeshare. The only thing that I am not crazy about is that they only allow you to make reservations for the restaurants 4 out of the 7 nights.
    You may have to be flexible with the times and dates when you make your reservations. That seems to be our experience.

Joe must be excited about his Eagles this year. They are expecting big things this year!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    trebor, you should not have any trouble booking dinner at the resort for those 2 day's!!!!!!!
    That sure is a lot of exclamation marks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast