Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dub

Thread: ? Stellaris TradeWinds Accomodations

Palm Beach!!!Oh, and the airport but only when I'm arriving:)

What's your experience with the Marriott Tradewinds Club?

Hey my Aruba buddies! I wanted to know if any of you have stayed in the Tradewinds section of the Marriott. Any pros/cons you care to share?

Thanks in advance

Aruba since 1979
    one of the PROS is that TRADEWINDS have a section of "reserved beach and palapas"
    LUCKY DUCKS.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

? Stellaris TradeWinds Accomodations

Has anyone on the board here stayed at the Trade Winds part of Marriott Stellaris? We were offered an upgrade and wanted to know if the $$ is worth it. Looks interesting, but not sure about the $.
    Thanks, cindyo

Dub
    The rooms are exactly the same. Bottled water in the room is free. There's a decent buffet for breakfast - coffee, tea, juices, oatmeal, eggs, bacon or sausage, bagels, toast, fresh fruit. Lunch is also a buffet with small wraps, tea sandwiches, soup and 1 or 2 desserts. The cocktail hour(s) has top shelf liquor, good wine and an assortment of samples from each of the onsite restaurants as well as cheese, crackers and bread. There wasn't as much variety this year as in the past (lots of chorizo sausage!) IMO, the Tradewinds part of the beach is the least appealing as it's where the boats unload/pack up the rafts and water sports but that's just me.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thank you Dub..you helped make our decision !

Quote Originally Posted by minky1225 View Post
    Hey my Aruba buddies! I wanted to know if any of you have stayed in the Tradewinds section of the Marriott. Any pros/cons you care to share? D
    Tradewinds is a "hotel within a hotel". It is on the top floor of the Marriott. Benefits are

1. All the rooms are nice
    2. Special section of beach and Palapas, also a special attendant - you can sign up for a Palapa for the whole day.
    3. Special concierge to make reservations recommendations etc.
    4. They serve breakfast, lunch, and "cocktail hour" in their lounge. You could conceivably eat ALL your meals there (and some do). Free drinks, soda, including to take back to your room.
    5. They treat you like a king/queen.

But it doesn't come cheaply. Also, forget about Marriott Gold/Platinum. AFAIK nobody gets a free upgrade.

Another Tradewinds question. Can you take beers from the lounge and bring them down to the beach? I have seen some reviews where it says that you can. Thanks!