Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surf Club

Surf Club

If anyone is there now or has been within the last week,what is the condition of the ocean?I just received a email from Marriott stating that they started to clean the ocean.Has it started and is it any better?
    Thank You

Dannyo, thanks for the question. I, also, wonder about the beach around the Merriott Surf Club and other Merriott properties close by. By the way, have an absolutely wonder "Season's Holidays." Oh, that goes for all the correspondents ont he site as well!

i hope the ocean is good and not dirty. ANyone who is there now please let us know. Thanks, going there on the 27th don't want to be disappointed.

I am here now!

I am about to go out to the beach (sorry guys!) and the beach itself is fine. Sea solutions has been working here all week. The ocean floor at the surf club is much better. All the "garbage" is gone. Part of the ocean floor is still soggy but much better than last year. For whatever reason, the entry into the ocean is still steep with little shells, etc. That may be due to the churning up of the ocean floor and more people at this time of the year.
    The issue I am finding with is with the beach. I have already spoken to someone and I will be following up on this. They have bought new Palapas (a good thing) but the issue is where they have placed them. The last three huts in the front row (huts 108,109,110) at the end of the beach towards the pier are sitting in space normally occupied by people who want to enjoy the beach close to the ocean. With the huts there, the amount of space has been SEVERLY reduced. If you rent one of those huts you will have to fight for space with people who don't have a hut and want to be by the ocean. IMO, bad move and judgement on the part of the Marriott. There are other places to place these huts which will give people space and allow others to enjoy the ocean. You will see what I mean when you arrive.
    When I first arrived I went out in the morning and got my space for 2 chairs near hut 108 but off to the side. I was told "rudely" by this "young thing" that I was in her space!! She told me she rented the hut and she needed space for all 7 of her people. I told her (politely) that the hut rental included the space under the hut not all the way around the hut and to the beach. She was not happy with my answer. The reason I am retelling this story is to emphasize the problem with the placement of these huts. I foresee big issues come week 51.
    The beach is small and it was suggested (I think a good suggestion) that the beach volleyball be relocated and that would free up a lot of space on the beach for everyone.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I am about to go out to the beach (sorry guys!) and the beach itself is fine. Sea solutions has been working here all week. The ocean floor at the surf club is much better. All the "garbage" is gone. Part of the ocean floor is still soggy but much better than last year. For whatever reason, the entry into the ocean is still steep with little shells, etc. That may be due to the churning up of the ocean floor and more people at this time of the year.
    The issue I am finding with is with the beach. I have already spoken to someone and I will be following up on this. They have bought new Palapas (a good thing) but the issue is where they have placed them. The last three huts in the front row (huts 108,109,110) at the end of the beach towards the pier are sitting in space normally occupied by people who want to enjoy the beach close to the ocean. With the huts there, the amount of space has been SEVERLY reduced. If you rent one of those huts you will have to fight for space with people who don't have a hut and want to be by the ocean. IMO, bad move and judgement on the part of the Marriott. There are other places to place these huts which will give people space and allow others to enjoy the ocean. You will see what I mean when you arrive.
    When I first arrived I went out in the morning and got my space for 2 chairs near hut 108 but off to the side. I was told "rudely" by this "young thing" that I was in her space!! She told me she rented the hut and she needed space for all 7 of her people. I told her (politely) that the hut rental included the space under the hut not all the way around the hut and to the beach. She was not happy with my answer. The reason I am retelling this story is to emphasize the problem with the placement of these huts. I foresee big issues come week 51.
    The beach is small and it was suggested (I think a good suggestion) that the beach volleyball be relocated and that would free up a lot of space on the beach for everyone.
    Thank you for the reply.please keep us informed.

Surf Club beach report

Well to add to my earlier report, the problem is actually huts 105.106,107,108,109,110. I sent off a quick email to the manager and hopefully they will consider relocating these huts but it wouldn't hurt once you are down here to take a look at what I am talking about and make the same suggestion. Power is in numbers!
    The entry into the ocean is challenging. The past few days it has been soooo hot but the ocean has been unusually wavy (not really bad at all but more than the placid calm waters of Palm beach) and according to one of the local person that is churning up the water and bringing the shells up the entry point and washing away the sand as you enter. The sea weed is being brought up too but they have worked very well in cleaning that up but still some in the water. Should be rectifies as soon as the water goes flat again.
    All in all, its fantastic to be here as usual.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    randi thank you for your updates!

we are all very interested

and your reply to the person that chastised you for being in "her space" was polite and right on track.

we had a next door neighbor that chopped down our arbor vitae shrubs as he claimed some of the needles of the shrub were extending onto his airspace.

he was dealt with legally.

so, make certain when you walk to the water's edge, you do not carry anything with you, walk as straight and as stiff as you can, so that none of your extremeties move into "her space"

Lol!:d

today at the beach

Well, it seems that things are vastly improved. The entry into the water is not as steep and not as rocky. Water has calmed and all is good. Just waiting for all of the sea weed to be completely gone. Sea Solutions did a good job getting all the junk out but it was still a little soggy on the bottom in spots.
    Very hot today with little breeze!

Thank you Randi for the updates. Did you notice if they were cleaning up the Ocean Club area also or just the Surf Club? Enjoy the rest of your trip and Happy Holidays to all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast