Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surf Club

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Sorry it's late and I am at work. What am I missing here Lisa? Who is it? After you answer me I will probably be doing one of these -
    I have to ask my brother. Db "lives" at the SC during the summer and knows the guy. Db lives right down the street so it is a convenient hangout.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I have to ask my brother. Db "lives" at the SC during the summer and knows the guy. Db lives right down the street so it is a convenient hangout.
    Very nice! Does DB lie in Jersey all year around?

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Very nice! Does DB lie in Jersey all year around?
    Yes, since his divorce he rents a duplex in Ortley, formerly from Toms River.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Yes, since his divorce he rents a duplex in Ortley, formerly from Toms River.
    Small world my parents have a bungalow in Lavalette, Princeton Ave. There is a Sunoco on the corner. How funny. One more question is your DB in his mid 30's and did he play hockey in Toms River?

Beach Area

Thank you for the updates on the beach at the Surf Club. We will be staying there from 2/14 - 2/22. How far is travel to another beach? Also, how are the accomodations at the Surf Club. thanks!

We got back on Dec. 30th and the beach was in pretty good shape. Unfortunatley, after each "storm" the ocean churns and the entry becomes difficult. That lasts about two days and then its fine. The Marriott had Sea Solutions help clean the inside of the ocean and it is much improved. Apparently, they will keep coming for follow up clean ups.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I have heard from a friend staying at the Surf Club this week that getting a chair either at the beach or poolside has been nightmarish...with 6 AM staking out your spot required. Is this typical?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

When we were there (last week October-1st week November)It was teachers convention week and it was a nightmare also.There were no chairs to be found near the pool.At a meeting I went to ,it was said that Marriott was going to add more chairs around the pool.Marriott knew there would be a problem with crowding they were going to be 85-90%full.To many people not enough space.

We were at the Surf Club from Dec. 13th until Dec. 30th. While we found this year, week 51 the quietest in the past few years, it was still very busy.

Chairs by the pool are hard to find as are the chairs closest to the ocean. I would like to add that the guests are their own worst enemy. I will give you an example: one group of adults were 4 people in total, however, they "reserved" 4 chairs in the shade and 4 chairs in the sun. They could then rotate around. There is not much that could be done as they have 8 towels and you have to be mindful of too many rules as making things too restrictive for others who don't abuse "the system". There are many such incidents like this, people only thinking of themselves and not caring about others. That is why people can't find chairs at the pool.

We sit at the beach but people take chairs for all the people in their group and end up using half of the chairs. We are a group of 20 people at Christmas but end up getting about 14 chairs as we have some younger kids and teens who hardly sit during the day. People move around and we are trying to be respectful of the fact that space is limited. People will also take chairs at the pool and the beach so they can move around throughout the day.

As I said, many guests contribute to the crowding issues at the Surf Club.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I have heard from a friend staying at the Surf Club this week that getting a chair either at the beach or poolside has been nightmarish...with 6 AM staking out your spot required. Is this typical?
    About 8:30 a.m. December 31, 2006 in front of the Radisson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123