Aruba Beach

Thread: Which Surf Club Rooms are renovated?

Which Surf Club Rooms are renovated?

Does anyone know the process or selection of which rooms are getting/have gotten renovated at the Surf Club. I know they have been renovating with with flat screens and new furniture but was wondering if anyone has any inside information on it. For instance, they look like this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Aruba since 1979
    the few units that i have been in, look like the one in that facebook photo.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoKnuckles View Post
    Does anyone know the process or selection of which rooms are getting/have gotten renovated at the Surf Club. I know they have been renovating with with flat screens and new furniture but was wondering if anyone has any inside information on it. For instance, they look like this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Yes, Andrea you're right. This is the same furniture that's been in place for the last 5 years that I've been visiting there. The only upgrade is the flat screen television in the living room and quite a few of the rooms have them (though the bedrooms still have tube tvs).

TV and internet changes are the only upgrades I am aware of. And if the Surf Club runs on the same cycle as most Marriott properties it will be a few years before they do any real renovations.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Yeah, I agree not too much of a difference, but just nice to be a room with newer stuff. Looks like they also changed the couch and chair. Also the original rooms have the sea tower lamp

http://www.timesharegiant.com/contri...club-20194.jpg

Most of the changes have been cosmetic in the Lighthouse Tower-the one closest to the beach. This building is the oldest one (I think it's about 7 years old) and has had the halls repainted and the TV's updated. I do miss the floor standing lighthouse lamp in the living room that has also been replaced. I thought I also read that a lot of the "dry goods" like towels, sheets, and bedding have been replaced. As Lisa said, Marriott has a schedule that they adhere pretty closely to for updating.