Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tam beach?

If you look in the member gallery under my user name I have a few pics of the beach around the Tam in there. Some near the bunker bar. These were taken the 2nd week of August. We actually stayed at the Divi but spent quite a bit of time down at the Tam. Some areas are more rocky than others but that wouldn't stop me from staying there. However, we felt that the beach at the Divi All Inclusive was much nicer if you prefer all sand. Once you are in the water at the Tam it's beautiful though.
    I would post the pictures here but I don't know how so they are in the members gallery.

Just returned last night {sigh}; it was wonderful. Posting some pix - view from Room 1401 at the Tam - (right next to the restaurant) Beach was great, people were great as usual, back to reality now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tam beach?-03090025.jpg   Tam beach?-03090023.jpg  

I just got back 3 weeks ago so so sad I had to come home. The beach is nice all the way down, We had bldg 14 and loved it. The pools are all nice, the people are the issue we noticed a huge difference in the class of people this year, very rude teens that felt they did not have to listen to any rules. The pool across the street are nice but a little bit of a walk. The leaned toward the 3rd pool at the Dutch Village as our favorite.
    I hope this helps

Hi
    We have just come back from two weeks in Tam this morning (still jetlagged hence the 4am posting.)
    We stayed in block 1100. This is just about perfect for us. Far enough away to not hear any noise from pool or bars but only a minute or so to the bar for a drink and you can watch the pelicans rest and preen themselves from the balcony.
    The only thing I would change is that I would opt for a groundfloor room as there is some shelter from the sun after 11:00am.
    We enjoyed ourselves so much we are off to agent on Monday to book for next year - May or June, does anyone know what the weather is like that time of year?
    There was a heatwave there the last two weeks and that was according to the locals. I found it too hot between 12:00 and 16:00.
    Lisa - you asked for conditions on the beach at block 1300. I am glad to report that conditions are great but the very large cabana(sp) outside the block is very popular and to get it you need to be up early (as you can tell, I had no problem as I was also jetlagged in Aruba and was up at 4 or 5am every morning and in sea at 7am.)
    The food was great but too much and too little resistance on out part.
    Loved Red Parrott and ate there 5 times, Mandy's favourite was the coconut shrimp and banana curry dip. I loved everything especially the Dutch onion soup.
    Ginger was good but not so much choice for us on the menu although we loved the decor.
    Paparazzi was our favourite place to have a pre dinner drink as they serve drinks in glasses at the bar and very few people are aware that the bar exists. Only problem with service during he two weeks was when we had to wait 4o minutes for starters in Paparazzi as I think we were forgotten. I think the fact our British reserve stopped us complaining exacerbated the issue.
    In all we loved the Tam and will certainly return. We also liked the fact that we had access to all amenities at Divi and the shuttles were very regular. The difference in price from Tam and Divi for two weeks is $500 per person (in UK) and that is in basic rooms at Divi. As the Tam has beach front view this is a no brainer as the Tam is the best value for money option in our opinion.
    The holiday was very relaxing and we did not want to come home.
    Thanks to everyone for their tips and if we think of any further useful advice we will post it.
    Will try to link pictures shortly. Lisa - a few are of block 1300.
    Best wishes to all.
    Martin and Mandy

Welcome home Martin and Mandy. It is great to hear you had a wonderful trip. I will be looking forward to your photos once you are over your jet lag.

Coconut shrimp at the Red Parrot are our dd's favorite as well!

May and June are wonderful. Probably not much cooler than this time of year, but less children in May in that they are for the most part still in school.

May weather
    Average high temperature 89 F.
    Average low temperature 79 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average wind speed 19 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 35 mph
    Average rainfall .55 inches (20.3 inches annual)

June weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average wind speed 20 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 37 mph
    Average rainfall .70 inches (20.3 inches annual)

This is the first time I have uploaded photos onto this site so here goes - a sumset from our apartment 1112, me on the balcony, Mandy & I in the Paparazzi bar - if this works I will try more!

Please bear with me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tam beach?-007.jpg   Tam beach?-015.jpg   Tam beach?-017.jpg  

Phew it worked - here are some views of the beach at the Tam including views of 1300 block just for you Lisa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tam beach?-034.jpg   Tam beach?-035.jpg   Tam beach?-036.jpg  

Our pals the Pelicans (or the Penguins as Mandy called them one day - she had heatstroke!) & also a couple more pics - the beach & us at the Red Parrot!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tam beach?-032.jpg   Tam beach?-007.jpg   Tam beach?-003.jpg  

You two make a very handsome couple.
    Thank you SO much! This gal will have sweet dreams tonight.
    I truly appreciate the photos. The beach looks like it is in the same condition as it was when we left. Excellent news indeed. Thank you.

I have a pic around here somewhere that has waves crashing over the top of those pilings where the pelicans are sitting.

Found it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tam beach?-100_0259.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast