Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tam Beach Photos March 2010

Cool, time to find out where I can rent a surfboard on the island for a few days. It would be to troublesome to travel with my Chaize 8'0 custom Big Fish board. Although it will be in the chilly waters in NJ within the next couple of weeks.

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!
    Never thought I would see Aruba waves that extensive! Nice shots! I also would like to point out what an amazing job is done combing/grooming the beach. From one shot to the next is an unbelievable change! Beautiful! Can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Cool, time to find out where I can rent a surfboard on the island for a few days. It would be to troublesome to travel with my Chaize 8'0 custom Big Fish board. Although it will be in the chilly waters in NJ within the next couple of weeks.
    Mark, on the day of the big waves, there were roughly 40-50 guys riding the waves between Casa del Mar and Bucutti. Believe they were using boggy boards versus surf boards. Regardless, they were getting the longest rides I've ever seen on the south shore. The waves were breaking extremely far out..
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

I guess waves like these occur more often than we all know. Below was taken at the Tamarijn on December 29.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-25-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I guess waves like these occur more often than we all know. Below was taken at the Tamarijn on December 29.
    Lisa, there was a significant difference this year from big waves in the past. On a very regular basis the waves were breaking beyond the pelican posts. Have never seen them break that far out. We're normally very cautious and respectfull of the power of the waves. However, on Sunday(day before my photos), we were caught offguard by a rogue wave. We had been floating in the waves for about an hour. For some reason I turned around and there was a wave breaking about 3 feet over our heads. Flattened us both. Mimi lost her sunglasses and an earing. Immediately to shore. I knew something was up when I saw the Jolly Pirates go through towing thier ship-to-shore barge heading toward safe harbor. Monday morning there was a steady flow enroute from Palm beach to the shelter of the reef.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

It sounds like the water was shallower further out this month with the waves breaking further out.

The photo below, taken at the same time, actually shows the swells rolling in

Even more remarkable was later that afternoon, when leaving Aruba, the view from the plane with the swells rolling across the ocean many miles out. Not my photo, but similar view

Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-25-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    the color in that beach photo is excellent.
    and i don't think i ever noticed ocean swells from a plane b4.
    cool!

Lisa the color of the ocean in those pics are amazing.

We had some pretty decent waves last week at the Tam! Read my review shortly!

Aruba since 1979
    oh no, you are home already!?!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    We had some pretty decent waves last week at the Tam! Read my review shortly!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast