Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone is staying at the Tamarijn in March. My wife and I are going down March 17-25 and were wondering what kind of prices people were paying for this time. I know everyone travels from different areas but most people seem to fly from the east coast. We fly from Baltimore and have a non stop and it is about $4000 for both of us does this seem like the norm this year
Wow.... that's a Canadian price.
I don't feel so alone now...
We just booked our second week (!) for the first week of June, we went through expedia and were able to put together a package, flying with Westjet (OH YAY! With any luck, the seats will be a little more comfortable than the medieval seating on Sunquest's fleet), and it was just over $2K per person. By no means are we in peak season first week of June, but this is a rather typical price.
No matter. You do what you gotta to spend time in paradise...
Sounds about right to me. We're checking into the Divi on the 26th and paid $4800 with an upgraded ocean view room. Last year for the same week we paid around $5800. In comparison, our trip over Thanksgiving was around $4300.
Well Joe you were right the Tam is booked up went to book yesterday and it was sold out now don't know what to do will try and figure something out hope to make it down somehow
Couple of sugestions:
If you haven't already done so, try booking direct versus using the normal travel sites. I am aware that in the past there are rooms available direct when travel sites are showing booked. Call the 800 number.
Check for vacancy @ Divi. Seems Tamarijn always fills up first. Book @ Divi then try for a room switch to Tamarijn.
You could also try booking in Divi Village with AI.
Well I did everything. We were going to book the Dutch Village AI but it worked out to costs to much. So now we will arrive on the 19th. So we are going to miss St. Patties Day and Flag Day, which really sucks but at least we will be in ARUBA. So we will see everyone a couple days later. Thanks for everyones input, but it's my fault for waiting so long
We always wait until now to book but Joe mentioned awhile back that days were filling up at the Tam. We stay at the Divi but we got nervous and booked. Glad we did now as last year we booked Feb. 8 and were fine. We always wait to see if rates drop. Billy - we'll be still there when you arrive. We'll save a few cold ones for you guys! Like you said, at least you're still going...
We have lots of Tamarijn friends that historically would wait until Jan-Feb to book. The past couple years, several have missed out on thier trip to 'March Madness @ The Tam' because the resort was booked. Last year we did have a couple that booked into Divi, and the week prior to arrival were able to transfer thier reservation over to Tam.
For us, we now book as soon as an acceptable airfare appears. This year it was in September. We book the hotel separately through the Red Parrot program.