Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tamarijin rooms with no rocks?

tamarijin rooms with no rocks?

Hello,

I will be staying @ the tamarijin nov 1-12. I plan to request in advance a particular block that does not have rocks in front of it but has a nice beach. My research shows that the rock free areas are blocks. 11-13, and 21-25. I understand that the beach conditions change frequently so I was hoping some here would have insight.

I think blocks 11-13, maybe best for us. I hear the 21-25 section has a great beach and is a far walk. I don't mind the walk, but if I can be closer to food etc why not.

I just want to walk from my room to the ocean without myself or kids (6 and 10) watching out for rocks.

Thanks in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    if you want to go for a pretty "sure thing", the area of the 25 section has never or very rarely has rock issues.
    lisa may reply shortly...she again was in the 12 or 13 block in july and i think she had no rock issues. the area of which i speak the 25 section is furthest away from the lobby and restaurant areas.
    probably a 5 minute walk.

if the walk does not bother you and yours, then go with it!

https://www.facebook.com/DiviandTama...50565738388289
    check out the facebook link of tamarijn
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    Hello,

I will be staying @ the tamarijin nov 1-12. I plan to request in advance a particular block that does not have rocks in front of it but has a nice beach. My research shows that the rock free areas are blocks. 11-13, and 21-25. I understand that the beach conditions change frequently so I was hoping some here would have insight.

I think blocks 11-13, maybe best for us. I hear the 21-25 section has a great beach and is a far walk. I don't mind the walk, but if I can be closer to food etc why not.

I just want to walk from my room to the ocean without myself or kids (6 and 10) watching out for rocks.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-07-2012 at 04:01 PM.

With the disclaimer that the beach at the Tamarijn can literally change, not in a week, but overnight...

In 5 trips we have always been in 1300 building. Twice there were horrible rocks in front of the building such as below.

Imo, request 1100 as your first choice and 1200 as your second choice.

the rocks in this photo surround a palapa adjoining the boardwalk and in no way interfere with entrance to the ocean

If do not mind the walking, 2500 is perfect.

Thanks for all of the advice guys, gotta think, far but a lock 2500, or closer and take a chance with the 1100/1200.

What to do, what to do, lol

Aruba since 1979
    when we stayed there a few times in the late 90s and early 2000s, we stayed in the right there near the bunker bar.
    we liked that spot.
    we did have to weave a bit thru the rocks, but loved being close to the bunker bar, and only a 2 minute or less walk to the pool and the restaurants.

and as lisa says, the beachfront changes frequently.
    don't blink.

Last year I stayed @ the divi for 15days and went to the tam several times. It was about 13years since my last visit so I was just looking around and taking it all in. I did c rocks but did not think about making a mental note.

Well I will play the odds and try for block 2500. I don't want any rocks in my way, lol

Thanks for all of the advice! I will right one of those aruba stories upon my return this time. I just love this website. I can't believe ther r so many kind folks who take time out to answer questions.

Aruba since 1979
    this site is full of kind helpful people/members.

it is he helpful and wonderful forum members that make this site as good as it is.

2500.......a slam dunk!
    enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    Last year I stayed @ the divi for 15days and went to the tam several times. It was about 13years since my last visit so I was just looking around and taking it all in. I did c rocks but did not think about making a mental note.

Well I will play the odds and try for block 2500. I don't want any rocks in my way, lol

Thanks for all of the advice! I will right one of those aruba stories upon my return this time. I just love this website. I can't believe ther r so many kind folks who take time out to answer questions.

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    I like blocks 1900 or 2100, next to Bunker Bar on the beach and still get a nice walk in to the food court.. After eating all the food, I at least feel like I'm burning some calories with all the walking I do. But It's nice at the other end as well, but the sun rarely lets up at that end.
    Next Trip September sometime or the other..

I don't understand. Are you assigned beach locations according to your room?

All beaches in Aruba are public.

At the Tamarijn, especially if you have a first floor room, it is generally easiest to use the beach outside your room.

When the resort is at its busiest, many people walk to the northern end of the resort and use the palapas on the beach in between the Tamarijn or Divi.

The two resorts share facilities and amenities so you are free to use the Divi All Inclusive beach, pool, palapas and chaises as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast